"I need to stay in the guide"

Forester from Canada has messaged me that he needs to stay in the guide (he’s due to arrive Monday).
I’ve replied that I don’t know w what he means, he has yet to write again.

What can he mean. He has broken English, ie, “hello,I am here to travel”

I hope he doesn’t mean Girl Guide…

1 Like

well he’s not having my woggle

2 Likes

I wonder what word auto correct would turn into the word “guide”

Yeah! I have a garage, for parking…

1 Like

Let us know if he needs the garage. Is that part of the rental?

optional extra, but he’s coming from canada. Unless he wants to park a car rental

Maybe that is it!! 3020202020

If you’re certain your guest wrote “guide” for “garage” (although Canadians use the term “car park”), then maybe your guest wants to stay in the garage. … :grin:

Well, if he’s from Canada and has broken English then he probably speaks French. And the French for guide is … um … guide. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want to do the things in the tourist guide???

3 Likes

no-ones certain Toesies!

He wrote ‘guide’, but I don’t know what he means.

Blimey and we have to wait until check in time on Monday to find out…

4 Likes

SandyToes, are you creating fake news?
I’m Canadian. I’ve never heard anyone refer to a garage as a car park. At least, on the West Coast, a garage is a garage, belonging to a home, and a car park is a public parking area.

2 Likes

Wow, @astralita12, do you have a bone to pick with me? Why would you direct such an accusatory and rude remark to me in response of my non-offensive comment?

I’ve hosted many Canadians for almost eight years and parking is in the attached multi-story, car park, public parking facility…whatever you want to call it.

But, of course, if you’ve never heard it called a car park by a Canadian, then it must be so. … :roll_eyes:

Gite? 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

2 Likes

Yeah, I think JamJerrupSunset is correct. it might be gite

1 Like

Oh dear, I was so joking with suggesting you were creating “fake news.” I had no idea such an absurd comment could be considered accusatory and rude.
I’m very sorry.

3 Likes

No, please, it’s my fault for the knee jerk reaction. I’m on day four of a miserable head cold. I’m up for a drink…can’t breathe, can’t sleep, got a deep croup-y cough…the whole nine yards. I’m not surprised my usual light-hearted reactions are out of whack - I’m a mess. – :sneezing_face: :face_with_thermometer: Apologies to you as well.

3 Likes

Yes, I think you’re right a “gîte” is a specific type of holiday accommodation, available for rent.