I’m afraid my host is going to go against our deal

Hi there.

I was on the hunt for a property for my sister’s hen/bachelorette party. I wasn’t able to find one property that was big enough to sleep everyone. Luckily I found a host with multiple proprieties in that area who agreed (in Airbnb DMs) to give me a feel for the two (€1850 for two nights as opposed to €2100). I booked the first property in the hopes that she would adjust the listing to reflect our agreed price. After asking her for clarity in DMs, she simply sent the booking link again. Afraid I would lose out on the property, I booked it, but now I feel like she’s going to go against our agreement. Do I have any leeway here if she does? Or is it a simple case of her changing the price now that I’ve requested to book? I don’t understand Airbnb as a host from the backend to know if this is possible.

TL;DR - Host agreed special price for two properties over the same weekend, but now does not appearing to be following up with the agreed price. What do I do?

Update: She wants me to book the properties through tripadvisor to avoid paying fees. Is this normal? She has good reviews so I trust her but I’m just really not in a position to be screwed lol

Hello @finglecakes

This is a forum for hosts so not the best place for guests to get advice. Airbnb has a community forum for hosts and guests.

I don’t know what you mean by DM do you mean Airbnb messaging. If so, just call Airbnb if you have it writing that they offered you a special offer but are now not honouring it.

1 Like

You found this host through Airbnb and now she wants you to cancel the two Airbnb bookings and re-book through Trip Adviser? She would get suspended from Airbnb for doing that if Airbnb found out. I wouldn’t consider her a trustworthy host.

Oh, and if she wanted to honor the offer on Airbnb, all she had to do was send you a special offer before you booked or send you a reservation change request after booking but before check-in.

5 Likes