I just had my first nightmare guest, can someone help?

Thanks. I’m in contact with the help centre.

Attempt to charge sounds like a credit card problem. You got your first payment 24 hours after they checked in. Did you forget about that?

Unless the guest did a chargeback on the initial payment??? @KKC

That’s the only thing I can think of. But would the cc company honor that?

I don’t know @KKC particularly when she had been there three weeks.

To be honest I find the whole thread quite confusing, but am putting that down to a mid life crisis slowing my brain down :slight_smile:

Chen?? Is that you??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry… inside joke. Maybe you weren’t around the forum during those good times. :rofl:

DM me woman I know not of what thou speakest … :blush:

1 Like

Update! Airbnb has replied and they said that the email was generated by
the system, but they do have issues collecting the second part of the
payment from this woman who has claimed to have broken her shoulder or arm.
The payment has arrived in my account, but I don’t know if airbnb having
issues to collect the payment from the guest, will they deduct the money
Also need to point out that this woman has not be able to provide any
documents confirming of her injury. She said she broke her shoulder on the
15th February.

Hehehe, I thought the same :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s great that you got the money but why did you have an impression that they give her money back for 3 weeks she stayed ?

1 Like

Because she has made the request for all her money back, including the 3
weeks she had stayed.
I didn’t respond to the request, don’t know what is going to happen now.

I have never had long term guests on Air BnB but I have read that they only charge for chunks of money at a time. You wouldn’t get all the eight-weeks worth in one lump sum. It sounds as though what happened was they had already charged her for the first week or two weeks or whatever the first installment was and tried to charge for the remainder of the three weeks and the payment didn’t go through. Knowing what a rotten little sneak she is she probably deactivated her credit card just to get out of paying for all of the three weeks she stayed.

I think that good business would dictate that Air pay you everything you are due and then worry about sending her to collections or whatever they need to do to get what she owes them. Even if they fail to collect they can write it off as bad debt or something similar.

Of course that’s not how they operate. They happily collect their fees and then have no qualms about caving into these lying, cheating guests who are trying to get something for nothing.

So glad my mama raised me right.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

@Caihong

Why didn’t you respond to the request to say what you didn’t agree to her having a refund?

And what did Airbnb saying was going to happen now when you spoke to them yesterday?

I was advised by airbnb not to response to the request. The case is
still open, airbnb still waiting for the woman to send in documents
confirming she did break her shoulder or arm, but so far she has not
yet sent anything.

Ridiculous, Airbnb are so contrary. Normally they give you a time period within which you need to accept or decline a refund request and if you do neither the guest automatically gets a refund.

Not true, I had a guest who passed her time period sending in documents. I was paid out and the next day, Air took it back. They can do anything!

Thanks. I will contact airbnb again