I got $100 voucher from Airbnb!

Burn it…see what you did there …made my morning :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve assumed it was due to the high cost of arranging the shipping. Frankly, I’d rather have $5 than a framed print of my Airbnb listing. Ultimately, it’s just more landfill material. They could email a code for a Starbucks gift card or AmazonUK.

1 Like

Exactly - it’s not the gift itself but the principle as you say they could easily send vouchers and I am sure there are places other than the US where they could distribute the actual good from.

On one hand, I agree that another form of recognition gift might be more welcome though it does sorta fall under “looking a gift horse in its mouth.”

(Poor Melizza just got her bubble popped.) … :anguished:

BTW: I haven’t gotten squat from Air.

Or Tynemouth in the sunny north east of England :joy:

1 Like

Sorry that was just my personal opinion and I have realised an unfair one, so I have edited…now the beeswax candle on the other hand… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never been there but it looks stunning.

1 Like

Normal US mail postage is 2x that of Royal Mail in the uk. Is the USA postage system private?? It’s very cheap in comparison to send things within the USA but as soon as the word international is spoken the price :-1:t2::astonished::frowning:

It’s run by the government. It loses money so maybe they aren’t charging enough for domestic service.

Ah for some reason I thought it was run privately. Yeah maybe :woman_shrugging:t3:

In the Federal government some agencies are part of a Cabinet Department and some are called “Indpependent” agencies, commissions, bureaus, etc. This means they are not part of one of the executive level departments commonly called “the Cabinet departments” So you may have heard that is was an “independent agency” and thought that meant not public.

1 Like