I got $100 voucher from Airbnb!

Sweet! It’s nice to know they are still sending gifts from time to time. I wonder how much they have to deal with “why didn’t I get one?”

When I first started teaching I would put stickers on graded A papers. Then students with high B papers would want one. Then all students with B papers. So what eventually happened? No one got stickers. I was just gobsmacked over how much high school age students covet stickers. I learned so much those early years.

1 Like

I can send you my key ring. It’s in the shape of their logo, which could double as an IUD. Just in case you are in the market for one. :rofl::rofl::grinning::+1::clap:

3 Likes

Oooo, I bet that smarts to use it.

do they expire? I never used mine…

I’ve received a voucher too, but it seems that I can only see it on the app (under Profile > “Credits and Coupons”). And I also received a gift in the mail yesterday - so impressed! (and for the record, I’m a host based in a small town in northeastern Ontario, Canada).

1 Like

Wow is that your place?

Yes, that’s part of my living room! It’s the primary picture on my listing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is the second person to post here that go one of these art pieces. Cool.

Really cool! Did it come framed?

It did!

1 Like

Lovely. How long have you been a superhost?

I know that I was given the travel credit on July 11/17, and to get that, you have to be Superhost for 4 quarters in a row. So I guess I’ve been one since July 2016?

Congrats! What does that little round sticker read? Is the backdrop depicting the view out the window in back of your sofa or a wall print, or…?

Thanks! :slight_smile: The sticker reads “please remove plastic adhesive before displaying” and the Airbnb logo. As for the “trees” in the background - the birch trees are decals, and then I have a fake tree from a local art store.

People on the Facebook groups are posting these also. I continue to maintain… the only thing i ever got from them as a host with them as long as they have been in business… Is a little old keychain… in the shape of an IUD! :joy::rofl: (their logo!)

1 Like

We just got our first $100 voucher and I’ve already used it, hah! But note, I didn’t book a place that cost that much, it was under $80 and guess what? The remaining $20 vanished! So it’s not really $100, it’s up to that but they never explained that darnit.

I’ve received a $100 voucher each year for the three years I’ve been hosting, just as other superhosts are similarly rewarded.
The third voucher was received recently and soon after that airbnb sent an email asking me to choose a gift from a selection they listed. There was a photo of each gift and I chose a rolled beeswax candle, which arrived promptly in the mail. It’s quite lovely – about six inches high and three inches wide.
I can’t remember what the other gift choices were, but each was a substantial offering.
There hadn’t been any irritating hosting event for which I was being compensated. It was just a sweet surprise, out-of-the-blue.
I’m in British Columbia, Canada.

3 Likes

I’ve been a superhost for three years now and never had a gift. Seems it’s hosts in the US and Canada that are more likely to receive gifts from what I have seen on here and other forums :frowning: :slight_smile:

Anyone from Europe ever received anything?

Well, that’s just not bloomin’ fair. Air should treat us all equally. I’m going to burn their candle gift, right now, in protest :blush:

3 Likes