I don't like Airbnb experiences

Yaay…a surfer dude with dreadlocks!

Yep. Hope that’s not a problem? I wish the term ‘binary’ had been around when I was younger, though… ! As for the username @konacoconutz, it’s actually from one of my favourite books, Great Expectations, and is a male character. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL! Now Magwitch, are you taking the piss? :smiley:

No, I’m serious! If I’d been born 35 years ago, I would have embraced the idea that you can identify with both genders. Or are you talking about Dickens and the character Magwitch? Confused that I missed a joke somewhere :frowning:
Anyway, it is so so late here and I should be sleeping!

1 Like

OH…I thought you meant Konacoconutz was from Dickens… !!! Which I knew was a fib. :smiley: Now I remember Magwitch from Great Expectations!

Late? Isn’t it 6 am in England now?

lol. I would love to discover a previously unknown Dickens manuscript featuring Konacoconutz! It’s 4.11 and I made my deadline so bedtime :slight_smile:

1 Like

‘binary’?

Hey, one of my favorite books too! I’m not a big Dickens reader in general, but that book really spoke to me. There’s a lot of resonance in the whole “young man who discovers everything he thought he knew was wrong” theme. Very powerful.

She answers this question

what is this post? the whole thing makes no sense.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sethporges/2016/11/17/at-company-conference-airbnb-announces-moves-beyond-room-rentals-into-full-trip-experiences/#cfcafe54bc77

I think Airbnb Experiences will work for us. We have a large acreage working sheep ranch and off grid B&B on the Navajo nation. Our ranch overlooks Lake Powell, the Colorado River, etc. We are considering offering a stay which would consist immersion in nature, a day tour of remarkable vistas and petroglyphs, and then a meal of fresh mutton and bread cooked over an open fire under a dazzling star field. Along with Navajo storytelling around the fire. We’d charge per person. Thoughts?

2 Likes

lol, well considering I have a life, my partner and I will be opting: OUT of adding friendship to our airbnb listing.

I mean… lets be real, no one wants me to get paid to tote them around town and pretend to laugh at their jokes. If anything that takes away from their trip rather than adding any value to it.

As far as I know, you have to propose your ‘experience’ to Airbnb and they then look at what you’re offering and need to approve it. Therefore just a tour of the area is unlikely (I think) to be approved unless it has a specific twist or if the person offering the experience is an acknowledged expert. I get the impression that it’s not something every host will be able to offer - even if they want to.

1 Like

If you included a practical on sheep ranching / rearing then yes it’s a possible.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. If it gets approved please let us know.

1 Like

Hahaha. No kidding…

Brian Chesky: "It’s all part of our strategy to kind of do what Amazon did to retail, we want to do [that] to travel, which is to be the one-stop shop. "

Mince pies were originally made with meat and fruit.

Aged meat. My Aunt made one for T-Day one year and anyone who ate it got sick. She went old school, which was just plain nasty.

May have lost something in translation. Here is a good article re mince pie history. Meat wasn’t left to marinate for months.

Mincemeat pie hostory