I don't like Airbnb experiences

Yes. I see that. I guess I was used to my ex Brit roomies saying they were going to the market for some mince–meaning ground beef.

Yes we called ground beef/lamb minced meat. We call fake mince mincemeat. That ‘d’ makes all the difference.

1 Like

Yeah, you’d think. My son uses an online recipe with great success and debunked my “we have a crap oven” excuse. I seem to have some kind of non-baking gene. I’m quite good at other stuff, though (wracking my brains for something specific…)

1 Like

@magwitch it’s definitely a skill. When I studied cooking at college, we’d all be given the same ingredients and the same instructions. 40 minutes later 10 different results on the bench…

You’re so nice! Funny, a recent guest said how much she liked my “retro” tap fittings. I just smiled and thanked her. lol ! Your are always welcome in my slightly shambolic but very comfortable house :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know where I would be on the list - number 10. Flat, burned on the outside, raw in the middle. Yum. I can’t even knit, either. Crappest grandmother in the making ever.

1 Like

With baking as the rising depends on chemistry, you have to follow the recipe. Winging it doesn’t work.

But I do always follow the recipe faithfully. It’s ok, I have made peace with my inability to bake.

Come along to my baking class ! I promise you’ll have a great Victoria sponge at end of it … or 5000% of your money back :slight_smile:

Ps what is it that goes wrong with your attempts ? Failure to rise ?

Damn, I’m going to have to try baking it again aren’t I? I think it’s probably a mixture of temperatures and a crappy oven that only works for my son.

Boiled hot dogs???

Your place sounds wonderful. My place is also what you’d call almost organized shambles.

Gravy granules? No thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @Magwitch,

If it makes you feel any better, I doubt I could cook either. Or knit, for that matter. I just get bored easily and have a short attention span. Sometimes I think I’m ADD or something. I tried cooking for myself in college and got really sick. The two events may not have been unrelated. :slight_smile:

Oh, and you’re female too. I hadn’t realised that.

Steak and kidney pie!!!

The word “witch” in her name did not clue you in?

1 Like

Heh. I guess it didn’t.

1 Like

Yes we are totally pimping our homes and our hospitality out.

2 Likes

Can experiences be overnight? Anyone know?

@azreala
Here ya go…

Spend a night on the beach with ‘Surfer Guy’.
Have fun!