I am afraid to go to check my B&B after one guest

Where did he prepare this food? I think if you take away any photos that show food, kitchens, grilles or cooking, plus write in your rules that this is a non cooking room you won’t get a guy like this again.

Did he leave his grille because he was planning to come back in a few weeks? Just nooooooooooo. Sorry dude. You will be booked. :smile:

He left his grill because he takes a plane back to Florida, I guess.
I removed pictures with my grill and spices. I wrote in my rules: no cooking inside or outside.
Thank you to everyone for help to correct my listing.

2 Likes

Marina, no worries, that is why we are here!!!
Do you ever make bilini ? Caviar? While visiting DC I ate at a place called the Russia House in DuPont Circle. Authentic Russian dishes, drinks and staff!

Your place @Marina perhaps lends itself to an outdoor kitchen.

konacoconutz, I bake blinchiki for every guest in my Airbnb.
All guests loved my blinchiki, but this last guest did not like them.

Does someone allow guests to grill food?

1 Like

Whoa!!! Special treat indeed!!!
I think every host has a different situation. My place is well suited for cooking as there is a sink and fridge, etc. I have an outdoor grille for guests. But I’d say in your situation, especially since you cook, it’s not necessary for guests to be cooking.

Was the grille previously shown on your cabin porch for the entire house or just for the guests? Even if you want to make a decision about cooking on a case by case basis, i would say it is still better to remove all references and photos. Just sends the wrong message.

I have 2 girls staying with me long term, and they eat meat. Because they rented for a month i let them use my old miniature grill. They are very clean and almost never home. They do it couple times a week and i dont even see it. They always clean after themselves. I figured if i a, going to let people stay longer i have to have at least this option since i dont let them cook inside

Do they cook the meat outside Yana?

Marina, what will you say in the review… ? I would mention everything… from picking the tomatoes to BBQing in a spot that was not authorized, to buying his own grille and bringing it, to the careless disposal of trash! Wait until the last minute to leave the review. I wouldn’t feel guilty if he left you a good review. You won’t see him again, you don’t want him back and WE don’t want him either!

(If you wish, PM me to join our private Bad Guest Lounge, where we share the photos and profiles of our “finest” guests secretly amongst ourselves!!!

Your blinchiki looks amazing, as does the rest of your house. I am sure your guest is just a “do it yourself” kind of guy and since you were’t available to make him food he would do it and leave you the grill. He really has no idea that he won’t be coming back. Keep in mind he knows where you live and if he returns often, may want to use it again and again. I suggest when he requests next you tell him a family member is using it, oops forgot to block the time off, this is frequently the case, but you sure are glad he had a chance to try it. Just an idea.