I am afraid to go to check my B&B after one guest

sometimes is in pain that you learn…

Sometimes you expect common sense from the guests. It can take a while to figure out what sorts of things they may do, and even then there will still be surprises.

3 Likes

It is very easy to give advises sitting in front of a computer. I am a new in the USA and I am a very shy person.
I will add to my house rules that no cooking, no grilling.

2 Likes

My guest left behind his grill, a bag of charcoal, Aluminum foil, beer Coors light, brown sugar, potatoes, 2 kinds of salad dressings. oh, mine… he was on a cooking mode here. Ok, he left, It is Sunday, life is good :slight_smile: Thank you everyone for the support!

4 Likes

Do not host him again! And clearly put in your house rules No Cooking, No Grilliing. Offer a list of local restaurants!

2 Likes

Maggieroni, Thank you! NO NO NO to this guest :slight_smile:
Usually I am cooking for my guests. I like cooking and I cook very well, but all nights he stayed at my house I was working. I offered to him lunches with no charge. I baked for him cookies today early morning to take along while he is driving to the airport. I have a very good mood right now, that I did not go down at 11:05 am and did not ask him to leave. I had him for 3 nights and extra 15-30 min is nothing. He is gone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does the moss grow back? I’m not familiar with this. Sounds cool. You must be close to DC? Could you pm (or here) post your link?

Marina, you are too nice! I love Russian food especially pelmeny (spelling?) those delicious dumplings.

Dcmooney, I am living in a forest, I will just go there and get new moss and replace dead one. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6886388?preview
Maggieroni, welcome to my house, I will cook for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I found some ice cream and frozen stakes also after my dear guest. There in my unit is a chest freezer, but I usually do not show it to guests, but he opened a door to a utility room and found it.

1 Like

@Marina That is gorgeous. I would love staying there. I would also love to grill a steak on your patio. Not that it makes it okay for the guest to have done it but I see why he wanted to. He probably left the steaks and ice cream for when he comes back in a couple of weeks. LOL. At least the things he left are a small bit of compensation for the trouble he caused.

1 Like

Marina, your home is breathtakingly beautiful, we would love to stay with you sometime! I feel relaxed just looking at the pictures!

That bathroom…wow…I mean WOW. Gorgeous property and home!

Thank you for your compliments! Please, visit me! I built my bathroom by myself. All those stones I picked up in my forest, cleaned them and put them up. It was some kind of meditation for me. Next, I plan to build a cooking chimney outside to bake nice bread.

4 Likes

I think every host has this uneasy feeling when they head to the rental after stay. I am heading to mine too in half an hour. I think my cleaner holds her breath too, as she is paid fixed price and sometimes its just couple hours for her , sometimes 5.
This group communicated very well ,and seemingly they liked everything. BUt again, he “informed” me that he will be leaving at 3 pm. No, your are not, i said, i had cleaner arranged. I let them to check in early. They just assume they can leave anytime, how weird.
One thing i dont get, where they were supposed to put the bottles if not in a garbage?
I limit use of kitchen, basically to the minimum that its quite impossible to make any meals. Just warming up. Girls tha stay here not long term brought some device that they make their noodle soups in. Very clean girls.
Did he ask you about bringing grill? It can be even a fire hazard

Yana, no he did not ask about bringing his grill here. My house is wooden by the way.
He could use my grill, but it is on my veranda, I guess he wanted a private cooking.

I have one of those spots too!!! The check-out countdown spy spot!

Just unreal that this clod would impose his cooking desires in a place with no kitchen!!! Will guests never cease to amaze!!!

I am wondering if when he mentioned the steaks to you, if you could have reminded him then. “Just to remind you, this is a non cooking room.”

I’m confused about the grille. Is that part of the guest rental? Did he use the house grille?

As you are a fairly new host, Marina, take another look at your house rules and description. Remove any reference or photos that show kitchens or cooking. Be firm in your rules. “No cooking in the room.”

Marina, this bathroom is just amazing, and should be in a home magazine. I write for one in Hawaii and would totally feature you! Just the fireplace build is a story unto itself.

Because there are photos of the grille, it could suggest that the room offers cooking. Maybe remove that photo from the listing?

In the morning I saw guests’ grill on my patio and was shocked and said nothing. The guest bought grill at a $ store. A night before my husband gave to the guest a cutting board and plates. I was not home that night. Thank you for suggestions, I go to remove pictures of my grill and spices.
By the way, the place looks clean, no grease spots. I am surprised. And not crabs left for me :slight_smile: only stakes.

1 Like

I love that. We’ll let you know when we desire to leave. NOT!