Hypothetically speaking... (gross guests; negative review)

If you found your airbnb littered with garbage, half eaten food, and used condoms on the floor, would you mention the number of condoms in the review? Or just leave it at “many”?

I can’t go back down there tonight to clean, I just can’t. Will report back tomorrow.

So specific! I would probably just say several. Other hosts will get the point. :slight_smile: I hope you give them 1 star and a big thumbs down.

3 Likes

Many hosts veer away from specifics…not sure why as they can be helpful to other hosts. Review as you see fit!

1 Like

I’m thinking “many.” I’m mostly just venting. I’ve had a good run but now I have to put on the rubber gloves again for the first time in years…sigh.

It was obviously a tryst and we happened to be away this weekend (we live upstairs)…otherwise we may have had to hear the whole thing as well… Ugh.

2 Likes

We all have bad luck sometimes. Hopefully your review will alert other hosts to these people’s behavior.

2 Likes

I think the word “used” carries more weight than the actual number.

Hope you feel better after sleeping on it, then a deep breath and gloves on.

7 Likes

Nothing like slapping on a pair of marigolds to feel one can overcome any mess. Even the Queen uses them.

11 Likes

Got 'em at the ready! Think I’ll stick with “several.” LOL.

2 Likes

It might also feel better to use a mask as well as gloves if it smells. Put some rousing music on. Go girl. Give them what they deserve in the review, 1s across the board and a thumbs down.

5 Likes

You want to write your reviews for your fellow hosts, not the guest, and you want your review to be factual and unemotional. Numbers of condoms doesn’t really matter. The facts that they were used, several and scattered do matter to other hosts. What else matters is that the place was left littered with garbage and half eaten food.

“Cannot recommend Guest. They left the place littered with garbage and half eaten food as well as used condoms scattered on the floor.”

15 Likes

I went all Thesaurus.com on it…
http://thesaurus.yourdictionary.com/many?direct_search_result=yes

“I cannot recommend this guest. They left the place littered with garbage, half eaten food, and the floor teeming with used condoms. I would not have them stay again.”

4 Likes

I wonder if the actual number of condoms is a factor? One or two just looks pretty pathetic - whereas over 15 or so in a weekend actually looks pretty impressive!

3 Likes

I like this. I will use it. Still going to wait until the last minute because I don’t need future bookers thinking they need to bring a blacklight with them (in the event he reviews us and someone looks at his reviews, because as a guest I know I dig deep in the reviews, lol.)

1 Like

How’s this:

Cannot recommend X, they left the place littered with garbage, half eaten food, and used tiny condoms on the floor.

RR

11 Likes

Were they tiny? And does mentioning it mean if they weren’t tiny they’d be okay? LOL

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s awesome.

3 Likes

Could this be a pet problem?

2 Likes

I guess I’d say they had safe sex many numbers of times!

1 Like

Tiny condoms makes me think of water bomb balloons. I would call them xxs size

1 Like

OMG, I had such a crappy, stressful day at work " tiny condoms" has just cracked me up!!

2 Likes