Hurricane Matthew - keep safe!

I saw that on TV. I thought it was a bit overkill.

@Robert_Dudley - It looks like a Shangri-la setting. Interesting that there is still beauty in devastation. Glad you and yours are safe.

Shepard Smith, I thought he was talking to children.

1 Like

They run the danger of overhyping so that if there ever is a real killer one in the future, people won’t take them seriously.

These plants are from Hawaii? Are the plants legally allowed to exit the state? They have to be certified in order to do so. Otherwise you may be introducing bad pests into the mainland.

Yes and it was ridiculous indeed.

Home Depot must have made a fortune. I don’t know why they aren’t completely upfront about it - ‘Latest news about Hurricane Matthew. Sponsored by Home Depot’.

2 Likes

I saw his; Shepard Smith said the exact same thing in his program: link below and his was even more over-the-top. That makes two drama queens.

1 Like

When Wilma struck in 2005, we managed to get to our local pizza place afterwards. A Mercedes pulled up outside. The occupants - all beautifully dressed and obviously rich - ordered beer and drank to ‘better times’.

What???

Let them eat cake :slight_smile:

I took images of our villas this morning and emailed all of our future guests to notify them that we are well and the properties dodged any real damage and that we are looking forward to welcoming them on their vacation dates.

Ease their minds

1 Like

That’s amazing… And wonderful to know her nursery is certified… They can’t send anything without treating them, lest there be nematodes and other nasties lurking There’s the only hibiscus native to Hawaii. It’s a white one. Grows like a weed in my yard.

I had to cancel my savannah trip and Air refunded me entirely. I know that the storm hit them Saturday and saw the flooding so we changed our plans for family in mid Atlanta. I know St. Augustine got a lot of flooding but I hope that by this Sunday we can check in contacting the host tomorrow. Mathew wanted to enjoy our road trip with us so it has been an interesting trip so far.

1 Like

That’s beautifully written. Are you also a writer?

(I often enjoy his writings also ~ not sure but I believe he used to pen under a different name ~ but when he gets feisty…[long whistle], look out!)

1 Like

Yes, you are correct… That was his other name. And yes he has a certain snark about his rewriting that is funny but that can also cross over into hostile territory.