Humanizing your cleaners to your guests- feedback request

@Brittany_Anderson Did you get your cleaner’s permission? I’m actually thinking I might try this, but I should probably get permission…and a photo, LOL! I’m hoping if nothing else she gets some tips!! Seriously without our current cleaner we’d be dead in the water.

@Arlene_Larsson she wrote her piece, I just added that we took the pledge and printed it out. So far so good! I also live in the home and do a walkthrough tour during check-in. You’d think I’d be enough of a human LOL. But, maybe the perception is that I am making a lot of money off the guests? I think it has made a difference with my guests, but it could just be a great crop of guests recently.

1 Like

I rent out a house at the Jersey Shore and I don’t have any family pictures on the walls. I wanted my guests to feel it’s their home for the week they’re there. Now I’m re-thinking it. Perhaps I should display some photos.

or just photos of people from “Jersey Shore”.

2 Likes

I’ve had guests comment that they like the “homey” feel and that sometimes Airbnb homes feel sterile and lifeless. There are all different types of people, though.

1 Like

My listing says it’s the house my grandfather built 80 years ago. I didn’t have time to add the historical family photos to the rooms before I opened for the summer, but I will be adding them as I continue adding more art work to the walls. I love the photo of the house with Grandpa’s Model A Ford in the driveway!

1 Like

That’s impressive anywhere but truly amazing in Alaska. I used to have a friend who lived in Alaska and I visited once but now she lives in Seattle. But if I ever get back up there I’m going to look you up!

I agree that giving the house tour seems to be an effective way to keep guests respectful of your place. It’s more of like, you know someone is watching the place and if you mess up it can get very embarrassing.

The other half and I have just come home from sharing a couple of bottles (beer and wine) with our Airbnb guests in the apartment right next door to ours. The fact that they ‘know’ us and that we’re right on the spot engenders a relationship which makes it less likely that they will disrespect the apartment.

I hope :wink:

1 Like