How to reduce Airbnb Booking commission?

Is there Any way to reduce the commission which Airbnb takes for each booking? I have 32 properties on Airbnb and suffering by giving huge money to Airbnb. Any idea or way to reduce this commission?

Thanks in advance!

Click the heels of your slippers 3 times and your commission on Airbnb gets cut in half.

10 Likes

Lower your prices? :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Airbnb isn’t ‘taking’ and you’re not ‘giving’. Airbnb is offering a paid service (advertising, admin, fee collection, credit card processing, refunding etc.) and you have chosen to use that service and therefore pay for it.

15 Likes

why don’t you just stop using AirBnB and do all the advertising, financial arrangements, etc, youself?

11 Likes

although your own website might not get as much traffic as the Airbnb site!

1 Like

Actually - raise your rates! The higher the total rate, the lower the percentage.

The best way is to find other booking platforms that charge lower rates. Most of them charge the same as Air or higher, so that probably won’t help a lot.

The other way is to get repeats and referrals to book directly with you. Raise your direct rate a little, but not as much as AirBnB’s total of their fee and your rate, or no one will want to book with you directly. Tell your leaving guests they get a discount for booking directly, and start a referral program.

Start a mailing list and email your prior guests (you’ll need to get their direct email, not the temporary one that Air gives), and see if you can get them to book directly in the future.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Get out of the business!

4 Likes

The most heartwarming response ever :wink:

1 Like

3% is huge money? What planet do you live on? Airbnb handles everything for us but cleaning the toilet and despite their flaws, they deserve their modest fee.
Would you rather pay what the guest pays?

3 Likes

Is this a joke? How could someone with 32 properties ask this question?

6 Likes

Mine is about 15%, agree with the others get business direct and avoid them all.

Check this out… you asked how to eliminate fees? Seems they were wondering the same thing!:joy: Just another way we serve you better… YOU pay the fee!! :joy: From Phocuswire:

”Airbnb is asking select hosts to join a pilot program that removes guest fees from listings.
In an email the company is sending to hosts obtained by PhocusWire, Airbnb says it’s running the program to see if eliminating the fee increases bookings.
The email outlines that instead of the usual guest and host fees that total roughly 15% of the listing price, the new program will charge a host fee of 12% with no added guest fee.
Participation from hosts is entirely voluntary, and those that sign on will trial the service for about four weeks, after which rates and fees return to normal.

A source at Airbnb says the initiative is a response to feedback from professional hospitality managers looking for a different model to increase revenue.
Targeting this service to professional property managers – in this case, about 100 – hints to Airbnb’s further ambitions to infiltrate the hotel and professional hospitality space.
It’s already detailed plans around its new products announced in February; now it’s a question of how its service stacks up against the competition.
In a statement, Airbnb says: “We are constantly testing new and different ways to help our hosts accommodate more guests. This small, temporary, and voluntary pilot is one of the many experiments we are running as we try to learn more about how we can best serve our community.”

1 Like

“Professional hospitality managers,” eh? There is #nobottom to my free fall dislike of what this industry has become.

2 Likes

I would prefer that my listing showed the actual price charged, seems much more logical.

2 Likes

Yup… they want to be just like those places but still controll cancellation policy, refund disbursement, security damage deposit and REVIEWS. The all important reviews. Which used to be an afterthought and are now life or death, make or break.

AirbnBummer

4 Likes

We must all work on our own sites!

1 Like

When guests books, they pay using credit card. When money is transferred to you, it is cash (or bank transfer). Who is responsible for credit card fee. 3% is a good deal for credit card fee.

1 Like

that made me laugh out loud! (still trying though :joy:)

just spotted this classic

1 Like