How to program specific booking days - rules

I want to know how to program 2 separate things (Probably the same technique)

Specific dates

1. I have three days coming up where I will be away 2 of the days, so I’m OK with guest booking July 16 but they must also book 7/17 and check out on 7/18 too. (I have someone that can stop by when I’m away if a guest needs something).

2. On some weekends I need to have guest stay Saturday and Sunday with check out on Mondays because I can’t get a cleaner on Sunday and I won’t be back in time to clean. How would I set this up?

Answer is probably the same for both but I’ve seen reference to being to do this but I could find where you would actual put in the requests . Hope this makes sense.

I think this is what you need:

Go to availability settings and scroll down to check in section. Click edit then you get the ability to specify days.

Also on Trip length you can set rules for certain dates. Again you must hit edit to see all options

trip%20length

You might also consider allowing them to check out sooner but Justin not allowing any check ins on the days that you can’t accommodate them.

H

How do you do this?

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly.

Also, do you put the date range from the check in day to the check out morning?

For July 16,17,18
I won’t be able to clean the suite again until 7/20, so how would I write this?

I’m ok if 7/10 or 7/12 goes unbooked.

For weekends, I’d like to be able to not have to clean on a Saturday or Sunday but I don’t want to miss out on the nights.

Would I Start with a Friday night or Saturday night would a 2 night minimum but no check in on Sundays?

Thanks for your help KKC.

I believe you set it up with the rules.

Yes I know I need to use rules but I don’t understand exactly how. MY question was

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly.

Also, do you put the date range from the check in day to the check out morning?

For July 16,17,18
I won’t be able to clean the suite again until 7/20, so how would I write this?

I’m ok if 7/10 or 7/12 goes unbooked.

For weekends, I’d like to be able to not have to clean on a Saturday or Sunday but I don’t want to miss out on the nights.

Would I Start with a Friday night or Saturday night would a 2 night minimum but no check in on Sundays?

I’ve never used any of these tools and don’t know how they work. I’d suggest calling Airbnb or posting on their community forums.

1 Like

Ditto. Sorry, @lynick4442

Here’s how to do this with calendar rules.

Fair warning: the rules sets don’t work reliably. Guests were able to book in violation of my calendar rule sets. CS confirmed that my settings were correct and cancelled the two IB stays that were able to circumvent the rules in their system. CS “escalated” to tech support, but I never got word that it was fixed.

Go to your listing’s calendar.

For situation #1, click on July 16-18. In the pane on the right, scroll down to Rule Sets and click the drop down: “new rule set”.
Allow check-in on the days you’re available. Allow check-out only on the days you want. Save the rule set.

For situation #2, I don’t know about you, but many of my stays run Friday-Sunday. Requiring a stay through Monday means that weekend may not sell. What I’d do is restrict the check-in so I don’t have a back-to-back stay on Sunday. So I click on Sunday and create a rule set that does not allow check-in on Sunday.

1 Like

I do not exactly understand what you want here.
But you might need to create a single purpose rule set for these dates, and then delete it when you have used it. (Create a ruleset that does not allow checkout on Wednesday, and apply to this week)

This is a very easy one.

Create a ruleset with no checkout on Saturday and Sunday

And apply it to the weeks or weekends that you do not allow checkout.

1 Like

It depends on how strict you want to force you bookings.

I would create a ruleset not allowing to check in on the 17th, 18th and 19th.
So guest can checkout when ever they want, but new guests will not be able to arrive until the 20th.

If you really want to force them to stay at least until the 18th or 19th, you close the 17th for checkout.

1 Like

Thanks or the heads up on the rules not working reliably.- why am I not surprised.

1 Like