So long 400s, 500s here I come

I love an off topic post.

Wow.

2 Likes

Gypsy … the very important that KKC wrote in this thread really is: [quote=“KKC, post:5, topic:32495”]
I changed what I was doing
[/quote]

In your case you blame the guest for making a reservation for one night of a three night weekend, but it is ultimately you who configured your setting to allow that. Not Airbnb, not the guest, but you.

So change what you are doing and learn to set the correct parameters.

You might or might not get a three night reservation and later might come to think think that one night is better none, but …

5 Likes

It’s impressive that you personally hosted those 500 stays (and probably many more that weren’t reviewed), but keeping your overall rating that high is inspiring. #UltraHost

4 Likes

I’ve always had a good review rate. Currently I’m at 84% and I think the lowest I’ve been is 79%. I’ve had about 600 reservations from different parties, some repeats and some direct bookings.

Thanks for your kind words.

4 Likes

Alexsj,
I know! I am just venting about that guest, and her review that knocked me off of 5* perfection…

I have not figured out the way to have some nights be 1 night available and others only available for 2 or more, such as on 4th of July weekend. If anyone knows the metric for this, please clue me in!

You’re supposed to be able to do it with the Calendar rules, but they don’t work reliably.

Or at least right now they work like “Guess I have to call CS and point out their stupidly programmed system allowed a booking it shouldn’t have so they’ll cancel this reservation.”

I am very proud of you and you’re one of the best gifts the forum has given me. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

It’s no wonder your chicken’s crap given how much time you’ve put into hosting.

:wink:

JF

2 Likes

I would love to have a “Dear Abby” problem solver like you while a booking is on progress. For example, I have had guests who think I am a servant or personal concierge. I can’t change them, but I can see how this won’t end well.

Very impressive! Well done on all those stars!

1 Like

Are you using a pc or are mainly working of your phone?

Alexsj, I use my laptop 100%

Allison, I tried your suggestion to no avail; but I did just find it and changed it! thanks!! Availability, trip length, customize…

I was gonne post you the screenshots for it …

…do test out your new settings to make sure they are nicely safed.

I’m not on much anymore since my neighbors got me shut down, but glad that I had a part!

1 Like

Such a shame - but good to hear from you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this. Is it anything you would be willing to share, lessons learned or the like, either publicly or privately? Or can you direct me to the thread from the past if I have missed it? If not I understand. I wish you luck in your current endeavors.

Absolutely outstanding! Congratulations!

1 Like

Hi @KKC

Haven’t a clue what prompted me to check this forum after sooo many moons but I enjoyed the brief nostalgic trip down memory lane in seeing some familiar names. Ah, the fun we all had! (“Where have all the flowers gone ~ long time passing”).

Glad to see you are carrying on with the dedicated mission of giving great advice and service. You go girl!

5 Likes

Wow, KKC what a Stirling effort. I hope trust bank balance has progressed in line with your review rate. Maybe we should suggest a super super host status and nominate you!

The money has been nice. Not that much since my price it low but it’s all bonus money.

Thanks for your kind words but there are hosts who are even more spectacular. I’ve seen listings with over 1000 5 star reviews for a single listing.