How to leave a shower curtain

Only used towels go on the towel bar, not clean ones. I sure do like your kettle though :wink:

1 Like

Maybe we should start leaving the bed unmade so guests can see that the mattress pad is clean. :laughing:

I do just leave the towels folded in a pile in the bathroom though. If it’s already hanging on the towel bar, they might wonder if it’s clean?

5 Likes

Same. Rolled up on a towel rack or trifolded on the shelf. Except the bathmat…neatly folded and resting on the side of the tub or on the support bar.

2 Likes

Not in my rentals for a good reason. The bathrooms are tiny - no space anywhere for folded towels. Plus, often when guests arrive one of them will be bursting for a pee. So I always leave a towel on the bar for them to use after they’ve washed their hands post-pee.

Hanging nicely folded, it can’t be mistaken for a used towel.

2 Likes

Yes, people are very odd. I only once had a shower curtain problem though, 2 middle aged women with 2 grown up children each…house a disaster in many respects afterwards, especially that they not only flooded one of the bathrooms by not using the curtain, they decided against the mop and bucket to clear up and instead threw every clean towel on the floor to soak up the water. I was a new host at the time and even gave them a super late check out as nobody else was arriving that day…

2 Likes

To each their own.
For me, I would think they forgot to put it down after cleaning. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
Regardless how clean a bathroom is, the less someone has to touch something they don’t have to, the better.

1 Like

Would you put a photo of the shower curtain hanging like that it in your listing description? This should very clearly tell you whether you should leave it that way for your guest’s arrival.

If the main reason is to show guests that it was cleaned, I’m not sure that’s the impression they will get. My impression would be that whoever cleaned the shower pulled the curtain out of the way and was in such a hurry they forgot to put it back. If the main reason is to allow the curtain to dry, then simply buy another curtain and swap in a clean and dry curtain during the turnover.

I personally would leave it hanging down, but if you really need to have it up, something that might look significantly better is to pull the bottom of the curtain back up and hang about 1-ft of the bottom end over the opposite end curtain rod, which is something I’ve seen a couple times in hotels.

2 Likes

Oh this is getting good. I wonder if the wife uses quilts or duvets and cleans all for every guest.

I’m being silly. There was a massive duvet debate a couple years ago. So massive it took on a life & history of its own

4 Likes

Now we need suggestions on changing the shower curtain
I like this!
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=naked+man+shower+curtain&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiuh4-5ncT0AhUGK7cAHXoiBhkQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=naked+man+shower+curtain&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQA1DVClizRmC_UGgAcAB4AIAB6wOIAYMekgEJMC43LjQuMS4zmAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=BEWoYa71LYbW3LUP-sSYyAE&bih=715&biw=414&client=safari&prmd=inmxv&hl=en-au#imgrc=rzUuJlSKRpySBM

3 Likes

That would be freaky. I could just imagine a guest, half asleep and bleary-eyed, getting up to go pee in the middle of the night and screaming when seeing a naked man in the bathroom.

Are we really responsible for our guests’ inappropriate responses?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I always think that when I see Bond films. None of the ladies ever seem disturbed to see Daniel Craig just roll into their shower, bedroom, etc. butt naked most times. I mean, it’s DC, so… I might cry (tears of joy). LOL!

3 Likes

You should buy one then, keep my royalty payments coming in!

:rofl:

JF

3 Likes

Yes, all that personal training and gym workouts to maintain that physique must get expensive. You deserve every penny of those royalties.

1 Like

It’s not the Oloroso?

3 Likes

Bend from the waist, curl with the glass, curl down and bend. Repeat.

hahahahahaa

3 Likes

For any bathroom that the cat isn’t allowed in - over the roll. For my personal master bath (that the cat gets into), under the roll. Otherwise we’d have TP playtime.

Now, where did I put that kettle whilst I boil water in the microwave?

:spoon: :spoon: :bowl_with_spoon:

1 Like

Oh my my my.

My condo often rents to middle aged ladies having a “girls trip”. I wonder if I could charge extra for this shower curtain…mmmmm

3 Likes

IMHO that is a horrible idea! Glass needs to be cleaned, shower curtains get tossed in the wash between guests. Guests will not squeegee the glass, they do not care. Save the money on the glass, and the wages paid to keep it clean.

RR

4 Likes

So here is the definitive only way to handle this situation.

When I come in to get the laundry going pre-cleaning I pull the shower curtains and bathroom rugs and toss in the wash. When I hang the curtain to dry it is outside the tub as not to pick up hair from the yet to be cleaned tub/shower and to remind me the tub has not been cleaned. Once the tub/shower is cleaned then the curtain is moved to the inside position.

So there you have it, the right way to do this…

For me anyway.

RR

1 Like