How to handle the trash after guest checkout

The trash company only collects trash once a week. But some guests stay only one night, how do your guys handle the situation like that. I don’t want to leave old trash for new guest

I have a large container stored outside and provided by the city that will hold several “tall kitchen” garbage bags full of garbage, so as long as that’s not full, it just goes in there. I think that unless you can haul all of the garbage away when you clean, a large outdoor bin is the next best thing.

2 Likes

Like Brian we have a 32 gallon trash can out behind the Cabana where we ask guests to deposit their trash as they depart. We have a separate container for Recycled items…

This will probably sound weird, but we take their trash, double bag it, and take it home then put it in the trash bin at our main residence.

2 Likes

We also remove all trash and recyclables after each check-out and dispose of with our own household trash/recyclables.

2 Likes

I have a very large bin that takes contractor bags. We have an unusually large amount now because I caught the Marie Kondo bug and am going through everything. Also there are 4-5 people here and we are all house bound with the weather so yeah, more trash.

We separate cardboard, organic yard stuff, etc

If it gets too much, it’s a trip to the dump.