How do you handle leftover groceries?

Im with everyone here…eat it, drink it or donate it…
My international guests always leave their duty free alcohol they can’t finish…

4 Likes

Maybe you should join a Food Forum to ask this question :grin:

2 Likes

The last group of 8 left me:

1. 8 new towels
  2. Organic air fresheners in every bedroom and every bthroom
  3. Several boxes of organic crackers with blue cheese
  4. Not opened 2 boxes of cereal,
  5. Cranberry juice
  6. 6 beers
  7. Case of bottled water.
  8. Half cheesecake
  9. New utensils for grill
  10. Charcoal
  11. Cleaning supplies that will last me at least 3 months.
  12. Hairdryer
  13. Huge bottle of cocoa butter lotion.
  14. New bottle of Neutrogena oil
14 Likes

JACKPOT!!! :avocado:

5 Likes

Oh wow, lucky you! I think we need a ‘good guests lounge’, these people would be most welcome at my place

1 Like

Hehehe… that’s not all. People who stayed there few months left:
1.14 pairs of very snickers and shoes. I presented my other guests with 4 size 12 snickers (only to get 4* afterwards😢).
2. Several designer sport suit almost non worn that mybhisbamd now wears and he took to his brother in law in Ukraine
3. One Valentino black jacket probably 3k, not sure because never owned Valentino clothes before😀That was perfect fit for my husband .
4. Leather jacket, again my husband’s size
5. 20 new White and black tees
6. 2 dogs leashes brand new.
7. Dogs airplane bag (went to my friend, she was happy)
8. Perfume
9. 3 new comforters and 2 sleeping bags.
10. Numerous towels and pillows .
11. Crutches , I donated them
12. Motorcycle helmet ( that’s why the crotches I am sure)
13. Harley Davidson boots (300$?)

9 Likes

Holy moly @Yana :blush: do you have another whole place that you rent out besides the rooms in your house? I might have to start doing the same… Mama needs a new Valentino wardrobe ;)!

3 Likes

I don’t use anything a guest leaves behind, cleaning their room and toilet puts me right off, having a run of poo stainers lately

I don’t drink alcohol but have been left a few bottles/cans so I pass it on to a guest or my father in law.

The most I’ve ever gotten have been brand new designer runners (not in my size, of course)!

And old crap. Empty boxes.

And an old sock. :smiley:

3 Likes

Not sure of that but methinks @Yana has another big room or area where for her guests to leave all this stuff!

2 Likes

Yeah, I could see where anything left by a poo stain guest (it took every single drop of maturity in my body not to write that in all caps and I’m giggling a bit inside as I write that) would just bring back, um, unhappy memories. I’d not want their stuff either.

1 Like

French toast on me.

Left over juice and bubbles too? Mimosas. :clinking_glasses:

It is holy moly​:joy::joy:. When I walked in I couldn’t believe it. It was like a warehouse. Wasteful wasteful Americans :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s a separate house with a pool. Rich kids rented it for 5 months. Who knows for what purpose. They said they sell water . But paid on time , never bothered us .

1 Like

Oooo I’ve had 2 of those! Same group of guests, old, grotty looking socks, each one mixed up in the sheets in each bed. Weird.

Depends what they are.

If they are decent and unused I’d keep them. Free food.

My wife got a huge tub of Cookies and Cream Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream out of a guest once.

She left it in our freezer and didn’t want it so my wife thought all her Christmas’ had come at once.

1 Like

What no used/soiled underwear?

I’ve had plenty of that left as well as the occasional condom, but never an old sock.

2 Likes

My housekeeper gets whatever is left. Usually if it is opened, it gets tossed, though.

If its’ something palatable to me, I eat it. I think it’s great when guests leave eggs, butter, olive oil, etc. If it’s processed food, I leave it out for future guests. If it’s meat I give it to my dogs.

Strangely, I’ve had many guests leave bottles of Balsamic vinegar which I rarely use. One of my friends benefits from this.

1 Like

I barely survived wiping my own children’s bum when babies, adults just yuck. I bet you can guess I never went into the medical field