Hosts stars finally revealed

I’m surprised you have squatters nearby. Is that smoker’s morning hack? I have a neighbor below me who goes out back and smokes. I can’t smell it but I can hear him out there coughing. It’s sad. I’d hate to rent a place and have any smokers nearby.

I have neighbors three doors down and across the street. They have macaws outside at times in warm weather and you never know when someone is going to have a screaming fit and slam doors. The guest room is on that front side of the house and I worry that some guest will eventually witness something unpleasant. If they did it would probably color the whole review.

2 Likes

I have a neighbor who works on his car and he revs, revs, revs and leaves it idling and it has a really low, teeth grinding sound. Not an issue in the colder months with our windows closed, but in the warm months it becomes annoying. No one has ever complained, but I have to assume they hear it.

2 Likes

I should clarify… They are only squatters in the sense that the owner let them stay free until she finally surrendered the house. They are actually people who have lived free in a house for almost nine months. On the night they moved in, this dude, a local guy with F word strewn pidgin, was loud, coughed and hacked and took cell phone calls in his driveway which is like putting them into speakers and blasting them into my guest suite. My guest from that night wrote it all in a review, which I begged her to change, and she did. I complained to the owner and they basically stopped the cellphone calls and outdoor swearing but he still hacks every morning. No cigarettes, but definitely pot. It could be a pot hack. Or simply the island vog. I don’t know, but Karma, this guy has woken me up every morning at 5am with his hacking for the past nine months and I am over it.

I believe bona fide tenants can stay on an additional 90 days in a house that foreclosed. Soon it will be dark and quiet in that house. It will be over soon. The owner did write and tell me it would be very soon.

Omg… I think I have told the tale of the wolf whistling parrot who lived next door to me for a year and I wanted to shoot myself. Complained to the owner, the property manager, the association, and basically nothing was done. When they finally moved out, I did cartwheels down the street.

1 Like

One way to do this with any guest is to say that the rating system assumes we’re all starting at 5 stars, and then take away for anything negative. That it’s not a comparison to another place but an evaluation of whether or not we provided what they expected based on the listing.

2 Likes