Hosts stars finally revealed

I’ve got an iPhone, so I have iOS. When I touch on the “stats” button it takes me to a page that shows how much I’m projected to make in the current month, then my listing, then my response rate and lastly, it tells me I’m a superhost. Touching on the projected income tile expands that tile to show the details of where that money is going to come from. Touching on the listing tile brings me a page to edit the listing. Touching on the response rate or superhost tiles just takes me to a page explaining what those things are. :frowning:

2 Likes

But how does that make sense ? Why send guests to a bad host ?

I don’t bother looking in my area anymore. There’s now over 35,000 hosts in London. I’m surprised anyone finds me …

3 Likes

Did those bad guests leave? We need to post their profile in the bad guest lounge!

Same here in South Florida (well, I don’t know the exact number). But I just think that it’s stress-inducing and time-consuming to obsess over other local listings.

2 Likes

I used to look others in my neighborhood (used to be less than 20 a few months ago, now it is thousands) ,but there is no standard so I don’t even do that anymore

I’m in a tourist area so there have been STRs here since the 1920s or even before. There is so much competition not just from other Airnbn listings, also from loads of established hotels, motels and B & Bs.

The best thing we can do is offer something different and go above and beyond.

2 Likes

Same for me…I’d like to see this updated for my area. I have Android.

Oh heck I’d like to tie them up and make them listen to amplified bird chirping until they agreed to change their review…

1 Like

Yes it’s a bit of a bitch - or she was! - took my 100% 5* down to 4.8. Trying not to get hung up on stars but it’s amazing how one crap review can affect 49 good ones!

Easier said than done, though. I try not to look at any reviews. It’s hard to avoid looking at those stupid stars. I’ve ranted about this before by telling ourselves to just look at the reviews/stars for the local high-end hotel. None of them have 5 star ratings so why should we be expected to be perfect?

But back to the bird noise, which I think is mildly amusing. I have a huge overgrown bougainvillea bush that’s just next to my house. In the spring especially it is filled with dozens of all types of birds that make lots of noise all day; but it’s especially busy in the morning when the babies are yelling their heads off for breakfast. It’s loud, but thankfully no one has ever bitched about it. They’ve commented on it, and it’s not nearly as bad as barking dogs, sirens, car alarms or screaming kids–which I don’t have–so I’ve been lucky.

1 Like

@konacoconutz They finally left yes. I had a genuine smile on my face as I waved them adios. Now to tackle the burn they left on the wool carpet. The carpet is 20 years old and needs replacing so I doubt I will claim anything in the resolution centre but annoying nevertheless.

I’ve started KonMari on the flat. Before I went travelling I was thinking I needed a new (very expansive storage system) but actually I needed to do a major cull. It’s been pretty upsetting confronting my excess noticeable mostly because you have to pile everything of the same type on the floor then assess if it gives you joy.

Why do I have 24 notepads ? But worse I have about 50 lipsticks.

Anyway I started doing this around my last guests… since they weren’t going out and I just wanted to get on with it. The flat is now a bomb site because when they checked out yesterday I just pulled everything out and started checking for joy on the floor. Guests are checking in today and let’s just say the flat is a wreck.

1 Like

I have all of those! No screaming kids until a neighbour over the back fence gave birth to a screaming baby but I have never had a noise complaint - weird as the noise it terrible. It must because because I warn everyone so they feel they can’t complain (thankfully!).

Yes I really like this feature. Because a lot of guests seemed a bit cold but them actually gave you 5 star review. Those who tent to be very appreciative not necessarily are the one give you 5 stars.

Oh that IS a scream!!! :o I actually do have the sirens since there’s a firehouse 2 blocks away, but it’s not that bad.

You are wise about warning people. I do the same about not having any curtains. I tell them to bring a sleep mask. So far no one has complained.

As of this morning I too can finally see who gave me how many stars. :slight_smile:

Can someone PLEASE educate the French in terms of how Airbnb uses the 5 star rating system? I have 3 different French guests who left what appear to be totally positive public reviews, only to give me a 3 or a 4 for overall experience. Below is an example:

Barbara was very welcoming and put everything in place to make our stay a pleasant one. The private bathroom was very popular as was the breakfast with the big pot of coffee. Quiet and peaceful surroundings while being close to the beach and places of interest. Really a nice place to drop off your suitcases!

What your guest loved
Cleanliness, spacious house, private bath.

What your guest thought you could improve
No suggestion!

1 Like

You’re still a superhost so congratulations that they didn’t much everything up for you. I had a lot of French stay over summer and sadly my ratings took a massive nose dive :slight_smile:

Don’t dwell too much on what you see there it will make you lose your faith in humanity !

I loved my guests over Chistmas. They were so enthusiastic about my place and soooo nice. I didn’t review because I never do it first.

Well… I received The infamous backhanded compliment review… Full of glowing things first, then …the cons.

k was an amazing host, blah blah blah… Two,paragraphs about how cozy the space was, etc. how much they enjoyed the various things to do…

And then, drum roll…

Be aware that the apartment is located under K’s house. There is noise from neighbors so you may want to bring ear plugs instead of closing all the doors and windows.

The neighbors he’s referring to are squatting in a foreclosed house and should be out by February 1, the owner says. They aren’t that loud but sometimes the guy coughs and hacks early in the morning.

Still I believe it’s unfair to be reviewed on things like neighbors that are out of your control.

He left me FIVE stars though.

1 Like

As long as he leaves five stars in every category which is how air measures you, what the review said isn’t too big a deal. Although it’s out of your control it effects your guests stay, like railroad tracks or being near an airport in the flight path. He is just stating the facts, I don’t see how that is unfair.

2 Likes

It’s unfair because reviews are unfair! LOL! I hate them! :smiley:

1 Like