Hosting people of size

Hehehe…I am.with you on coffee issue and cleanliness. I once stayed in a place where it said " no cooking" or no kitchen use …I don’t remember exactly …and when I went in a morning to boil water for coffee ( I had instant with me at all times, even creamer and sugar) host told.me i am not allowed to even enter kitchen and there is a coffee shop near by.
For me coffee is first thing when I wake up. I eat 2 hours later. I didn’t leave but felt deprived.

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize I could and it was for 2 more nights. And, unfortunately, I didn’t leave her a review either. I wasn’t a host yet, only a traveler and just wanted to be out of there. She creeped me out. Even sent a weird message later. Now I realize that she must have been at least grateful that I didn’t write a review or ask for a refund.

Me too. Which is those ones with the little cups. I just can’t do it. I had some guests come and bring their own. They were still happy.

How in the heck are you supposed to get yourself dressed and then navigate to a coffee shop without first having coffee???

8 Likes

I hope you mean by booking direct :wink:

We’ve had a few of our “first” guests come back, some now on their third stay. Always do them a good deal and class a couple of them as friends now.

JF

1 Like

Exactly…that’s the worst to get dressed before taking coffee or shower . And how do I go out without doing the whole morning routine ? So it’s about an hour between waking up and coffee. That’s not life :grinning:

5 Likes

If it said the former I would have thought you should have asked in order to hear water for coffee before booking and if the later you should not have booked if you couldn’t resist heating water on the kitchen anyways.

Book a place that allows it. That said, your situation does sound quite bizarre.

Yes…we already discussed everything here how I shouldn’t be booking if there is no kitchen use even if it’s only for boiling water.
Already talked and talked about it how I shouldn’t assume and how I shouldn’t be booking and how the host was right to not let me in a kitchen and how he was right to not put even teapot in a room if there is no kitchen . And how I should be reading before booking etc.

Once I had a host who charged for coffee. She said to pay as much as I think appropriate. And at the end she asked if I remembered to put money in a jar

1 Like

Obesity is complicated. No one consciously chooses to put themselves at risk for bad health.

It is not uncommon for victims of assault, or abuse to gain weight as a type of emotional defense.

People rejoice to be alive regardless of size.

I have never heard a bariatric patient rejoice at being overweight especially when it means requiring specialized furniture and wheel chairs.

To refer to obesity as a choice shows a lack of understanding

7 Likes

Rude just rude. You are the one who has to live with your actions. Btw Watch out for Karma.

4 Likes

And can you share the medical study to support your opinion?

5 Likes

It looks like interrupted electric supplies are coming their way. Karma or bad luck?

1 Like

Karma part 1
Xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Like

Meeee toooooo.

Wake. Turn on coffee. Walk dogs. Slurp down cup #1.

Feed dogs. Supervise while sucking down cup #2 and trying to figure out if a company would consider creating a vaping device for caffeine.

Morning walk or get ready for day. Cup 3. I might have enough caffeine; or maybe not

3 Likes

Wow you Really lack of sense of humor lighten up dude.

Dude-ess. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I always do. This place listed coffee as an amenity with no mention of an obligatory breakfast with the host to get it :woman_shrugging:

(I believe I mis-interpreted your response the first time @Militaryhorsegal ,)

2 Likes

@JJD I didn’t see your previous response and it is withdrawn now.

1 Like

I originally thought that you were saying that it was a bizarre situation that I wanted coffee first thing in the morning - but now I realize you were likely commenting on the situation with the host I told the story about?

2 Likes

Correct on correction! :wink:

2 Likes