Host monikers - what made you chose yours?

Being renamed Helsinki by @konacoconutz made me think about why we use our chosen user names on here.

Is it something you use elsewhere? is it one that relates to your listing? to you personally ?

Anyone care to share?

2 Likes

Maggie is my middle name and I’m Italian American on my mom’s side from Formia Italy, so the roni for the pasta reference! It only relates to our listing as Maggie is one of our cats :cat:
I love you as Helsinki!

4 Likes

Barns is short for Pissbarns! I was an avid fan of Weebl and Bob, an internet cartoon, and once, when cross, Weebl said pissbarns.
Stuck in my head, and makes me easy to find on Facebook.

4 Likes

I had recently given up traditional paid employment and have been finding freelance work from home. Haven’t replaced my old salary but having a lot more fun!

Besides AirBnb, I give historical lectures, assist in estate sales, and am on call with a tour company to do wine and history tours. On the volunteer side, I am on a committee that produces a yearly music festival, do outreach events for a local museum, and participate in various non-profit fundraising activities. Life is good at home!

4 Likes

I’ve come to the conclusion that I must be so unimaginative, if not downright boring. My given name, pure and simple.

3 Likes

My first name starts with J and the first part of my last name is Wang.

3 Likes

My piano had been drinking.

11 Likes

Coconuts are a humorous icon and are alllll over my property. I have a tree that can’t stop dropping coconuts so I use them as decor around the garden borders.

3 Likes

that sounds lovely

2 Likes

Marx Brothers! …

4 Likes

Oh, hi I was a guest at your lovely place and I forgot my coconuts, can you please ship them to me asap? There were about 50. :blush:

3 Likes

You can mail a coconut postcard! It’s very funny!

Recently in a rare trip away, I received this rather worrisome text from my guests:

How can we open these coconuts?

Well the answer is with a machete, but I was not going to direct my guests to my machete and it was a good thing because, my neighbors reported these little punks started having loud abusive arguments at my place.

I just responded that they were too old to be edible and also that also they were part of my decor. (thought but didn’t say, isn’t that obvious?)

3 Likes

Now don’t all laugh, I actually fell of a wall and that’s why I was stuck inside on the computer and found this forum. All better now and would change it if I could.

9 Likes

Well how about All the Kings Horses? :joy:

1 Like

Mine is a mispronunciation of my actual name by na old friend which stuck. My name is always mispronounced but I liked his version. So I am not from Shanghai

2 Likes

@HumptyDumpty

(sooo, are you “put together again”?).

5 Likes

My moniker is pretty unimaginative and literal. But she is SUCH a beautiful dog :blush::blush:

4 Likes

This is so interesting!

Mine has no relevance to anything at all. I always struggle with usernames and usually go for my real name with a few numbers on the end. Boring. This time I was looking out my window at my garden and that word just stuck, and I knew it was rubbish but then I couldn’t think of nothing else… so there we are. My boring story!! My first listing doesn’t even have a view of the garden, just the neighbours washing line :joy:

5 Likes

Time to rename yourself Washinglinehost, matey!!

4 Likes