HICHUP limited time offer for forum members only

First and foremost, this post is satire. A parody, a lampooning if you will. I knew there would be people who didn’t get it, there always are. And Puppylover is correct, I identify as female. Not that it matters.

Yes, I kindly sent it, naively thinking you really wanted to see it and see what you could learn. I didn’t suspect that you were a dishonest, back stabbing, manipulative, jealous…whatever, dude.

This is flat out weird and shows a kind of elitism that is unusual, even on the forum. If I were being serious, which I’m not, I’d be evaluating based on my earning 487 5 star reviews, not the tax appraised value of my listing.

Plus I allow guests to have pets. But where did I claim that barking and dog poop smells don’t bother the guests? I’m sure they would bother guests if there were any. You don’t have to believe me, go read the reviews. I got one 3 star review based on the dog boarding. I’ve said here multiple times that I earned that review. I’ve also said that I spent $16,000 remodeling my house (I know, a laughable amount to a significant person such as yourself, living in your fine gated community) to separate the dogs from the guests. Since that time I haven’t had complaints about the dogs, only praise. The dogs are a feature of staying here, not a detriment.

I can assure you I won’t be offering you any more “valued” points. If you get anything helpful from me in the future it will be purely accidental.

Last point, it’s a very serious violation of forum guidelines to do what you have done with your post which is to take someone’s listing and post it in the public part of the forum without their permission. I sent it to you in a PM for a reason. I used to have it in my public profile the way you have yours in your public profile but then increasing numbers of oddballs and trolls on the forum made me reconsider. So you could be suspended from the forum for doing this. Maybe just a silencing would be in order. Less writing and more reading would serve you well.

9 Likes

As a fellow moderator, I will be happy to do so unless this matter is sorted amicably. I have been moderating online forums since 1996 but have never seen an outburst such as Don’s. I admit that I assumed alcohol had played a major part until I saw that it was posted only a couple of hours ago and well before the sun is under the yardarm.

I’m astonished, quite frankly.

3 Likes

Jaquo: I only take-out the “big guns” when someone frequently makes unkind comments about me or my wife. You need to read KCC’s past comments on other threads, including how un-businesslike it was of me to offer a stranded woman in a rainstorm and two parents a free stay last Saturday night.

I do have thick-skin, but I do not tolerate pompous bullies. Especially, those who feel they are qualified experts.

And, I was very sober when I wrote my above comments this morning. As a forum moderator, shame on you for assuming I was drunk!

How was I to know KCC was joking?! His HICHUP service sounded sincere to me.

I will make a deal with KCC: He stops writing negative comments (without constructive suggestions) about me and I will do likewise.

Don. I have read many of @KKC comments and I don’t think they were bullying, … I don’t see disparagement of you or your wife.

I think you owe an apology to KKC. At the very least read ALL the comments herein, get a sense of the response, and also realize that your use of HE is incorrect, as has been pointed out several times.

8 Likes

Don, it was very charitable of you and we were all in agreement with that. However, it was unbusinesslike. You surely can see that? No one was criticising you as a person, or your wife, just simply saying that it wasn’t businesslike. And it wasn’t. You know that.

We at the forum do not either.

You will note that I said that I decided that you weren’t. ‘As a moderator’ I am not allowed to think?

Everyone else realised which was evident for their comments. Hopefully you read them as you evidently didn’t realise that you were addressing not a ‘he’ but a ‘she’.

Making a deal with a moderator is up to you two. I will act accordingly.

6 Likes

You’ve misgendered KKC again. Not everyone on the internet is a man.

Your post was mean, elitist, and exhibited a severe deficiency in reading comprehension; KKC gave plenty of clues her post was satire. The kindest interpretation was drunkenness.
Thanks for removing any benefit of the doubt.

Whatever beef you had in another thread should have been left there. Many of us give unvarnished opinions. Take what’s useful and leave the ones you don’t like. Using a slight in an earlier post as reason to attack a forum member in another post is uncalled for.

12 Likes

It’s looking like a very juvenile attempt to continue insulting me.

7 Likes

This sounds really fun. Can we go over the results of your audit over a bottle of wine in the yard?

Are you bringing the black light headlamp? (This might be scarier than boning up for the SAT’s :grimacing:)

Which makes me think of another training section “Dealing with problem guests: Alcohol IS a solution”

5 Likes

Oh yes!

The headlamp and the black light are two different tools but yes. Also I’ll bring the extra large lint rollers (no hair sticks to your linens you say?) and the white gloves.

4 Likes

I’d normally give someone “benefit of doubt” honest mistake, as this forum has a lot of moving parts BUT as a self described “retired newspaper editor, publicist, news writer ” I have higher expectations that this person would have done appropriate due diligence, so I’m inclined to agree here

6 Likes

I counsel not replying to nasty reviews in hosting life, @KKC, but what you have done here is an exception. Hilarious original post, and brilliant reply to a bit of nastiness.
You’re my kind of guy.
Oh, right! :wink:

4 Likes

Well thanks. You, me and @Allison_H should have wine together in her front yard. I think by Texas standards you gals are practically neighbors.

5 Likes

Love this post! These are my favourites:

So many things to add…

• always, but ALWAYS, check the bedside table drawers even after a one-night stay. You just never know what might be left there.
  • how to set an alarm on your phone to ring 5 minutes into talking to a needy guest
4 Likes

Or worse, experience has taught you that you have a very good idea of what’s in there :wink:

4 Likes

That’s probably a whole new thread!

1 Like

@Don_Burns @KKC is a woman not a he. And she is clearly being facetious in this post. Your nasty comments were completely uncalled for. I hope you will do the right thing and apologise.

1 Like

@KKC can @Magwitch and I have a special UK trip please? @jaquo you can come too as a former country woman.

…we’ll break out some fine Irish and Scottish whisky for you :slight_smile:

Yes please. I can act as interpreter :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Oh, shoot. This post was so fun until it devolved! @KKC, I’m just up in Austin and reckon I owe you at least one free night for all the good advice I’ve gotten from you and others on this forum. But don’t bring your blacklight! I’m happier being in the dark (haha) on some things.

6 Likes