HGTV ‘My house is your house’

I came across a recent addition to HGTV network … a renovation show focused on the Short Term Rental market.

While they did not address pressing issues like Accessory Pillows, Duvet or Comforter, Electric Kettles, this evening’s episode converted a carport into a STR and they did discuss the impact of having a kitchenette or not.

They did provide some return on investment $ figures but I thought some of their estimates were aggressive for the specific property location (suburban Nashville)

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for a reality tV show based on hosting an AirBnB!

5 Likes

….assuming, of course, that AirBnB actually is reality and not a figment of our perverted imaginations!

2 Likes

There is one called Instant Hotel.

5 Likes

Seriously, there’s a programme here in the UK called “Hotel Inspector” where a hotelier goes around helping out failing establishments - a bit like the Gordon Ramsay restaurant programme but without the foul language. There also “Four in a Bed” where four B&B’s/small hotels compete against each other - all the owners all spend a night at the other establishments and rate them on a number of categories. This has actually been quite useful for us!

3 Likes

Netflix offers the show “Stay Here” to go into properties and help owners transform their properties to a 5* stay. It is your basic renovation show with a rental twist.

But I too am wondering when a reality show is going to occur with nosey neighbors interfering with a rental, a host having to evict partiers, people renting a place for 2 and showing up with 10 guests, the wedding diva having a meltdown, the guest leaving the doors & window open then complaining there are bugs or the interior temp is too hot/cold, and you know MORE!!!

I think it would have to be a “some scenes re-enacted” type of show but could be eye-opening for guests and for hosts.

Any TV producers out there? Khloé Kardashian is producing a crime show on Investigation Discovery (ID TV). ( I think it is Twisted Sister about one sister killing another). Any one know her? Throw out a pitch!!!

5 Likes

I consider the Hotel Inspector from when I lived in the UK over 10 years ago to be a godsend. I ask myself “what would the hotel inspector say?” and even have a friend who used to work in hospitality come around and give a HI report once a year. Nothing, especially my feelings, is spared.

3 Likes

I feel the same way about House Doctor - I hear her voice :slight_smile:

The Australian show on Netflix “Instant Hotel.” It’s especially hysterical because Australians have a wacky sense of humour and no filters. Two seasons now and I’m addicted.

1 Like

Well then, what’s the point? :wink: Do they address the issue of whether or not to clean guest linens in your own washing machine or send out laundry?

4 Likes

Or whether they should be cleaned between EACH guest?! Lol

2 Likes