Has anyone tried to "cleanse" their place (spiritually I mean)?

Ok, some of you don’t think this is such a good idea but I think you’re looking at it a bit negatively, if I lose a guest just because I have a legitimate “bill of good spiritual health” that just means they are too easily offended or don’t have enough of a sense of humour.

I have made an enquiry on this website. No response yet, but apparently the service is free so what do I have to lose? I hope they can do it all “virtually”, but if they need someone on site maybe they could just talk me (or maybe the local parish priest?) through it.

One of the comments has got me thinking, I wonder if I’m focusing too much on Christian/ Western faiths. If I could get other “faith systems” to confirm my places are “spiritually clean” I can see some great opportunities.

I’m not Catholic, but I’d be surprised if a parish priest would do this!

I just can’t take this thread seriously. It has TROLLING written all over it. But what do I know?

8 Likes

The OPs name is Gandalf Baggins.

The link in the original post is to a youtube video that was posted by Comedy Central.

2 Likes

Oh thanks. I don’t click on links from members I don’t trust so I didn’t realize that.

LOL, yes I did notice that. I suspect he is someone who has been here before and is just bored. Running all those apartment rentals doesn’t keep him or her busy enough.

2 Likes

Better hope Stanley doesn’t show up just to spite your “spiritually clean” place. Ghosts must be disclosed in the listing.

1 Like

nah…we just think you are a troll :frowning: :slight_smile:…holy water anyone ???

You need sunlight for trolls.

From the article:

“([Chesky] didn’t say whether the guests received a refund.)”

So, there’s actually precedent for making a claim. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Of course he’s trolling, but even trolls have a certain amusement value. Keep them around while we can laugh at them, then bin them when their shelf life is up.

JF

2 Likes

Wow, I sense that some (though not all ) of you do have a sense of humour.

Let me just say a couple of things though …
a) I am new to this forum, I’ve never been a member before; and
b) Of course my name isn’t real. That’s standard Opsec that you should all be following as standard. I don’t know any of you, therefore I don’t trust any of you. The internet is the last place I would reveal my real name unless absolutely necessary … Google already knows too much about me :slight_smile:

As for my idea, I will carry this through. It’s interesting that when some of you see someone approaching something you all think you know so much about from a different perspective that you immediately think “troll” … reflects more on you than it does me!!!

I have lots of other ideas, I was hoping that I could use this forum as a sounding board but I sense that you seem a bit set in your ways. Let’s see how it goes though, I’m sure there is some great feedback out there for me. I haven’t given up on you yet!!

BTW a quick update … no response from the exorcism crew just yet, but I will let you know when I hear something.

People think you are a troll because you came on here and immediately started being making silly assumptions , being rude and acting in a way which is … ‘troll-like’ @Airdna Nothing to do with your ‘ideas’.

No-one expects you to use your real name.

Sounds like Airbnb Reddit would be a better fit and a great test bed for your future ‘ideas’

3 Likes

FIGJAM. That’s one thing we have in common. LOL.

1 Like

I have a fig tree in the backyard, and regularly can homemade jam made from the fruits. This, I suspect, has a different meaning. :grin: Would anyone care to enlighten me?

F*** I’m Good; Just Ask Me.

5 Likes

Thanks, I also was wondering what that meant.
Is that an Americanism?

Are you planning on gifting us with your wisdom anytime soon, or are you just going to stir the pot ad nauseum? Sounds like you’re the one who can’t not have the last word. Although you might just prove me wrong…

2 Likes

Quick update, I received an email from a Father Ignacius basically saying they wouldn’t do it because they didn’t think that " … performing an exorcism in support of a commercial venture is consistent with our beliefs and objectives …".

He did wish me luck however and suggested a couple of options, one was to contact my local church, the other was to do it myself (like here) but that won’t work for me because I need a third party to provide the certification.

Oh well, it’s off to church next Sunday I guess…

Thanks Ceebee, my latest idea is now live, I note with interest that you are quite keen to hear from me, that’s quite encouraging, thanks!

Well, it’s been a while since my last post, as they say “life got in the way”, but I’m back online again and I don’t like leaving things hanging, so I thought I’d provide a bit of an update.

I did head off to Church that Sunday, but no-one really took me seriously. Everyone I spoke to was pleasant, but I could tell it would be an uphill battle. I knew a few people in the congregation, and to them I had a reputation of being a devout atheist, so me turning up raised some suspicions. I managed a few minutes with Father Rob (after the very long and very boring mass) to pitch my idea, but someone had got to him first and I could see he was only half listening. He nodded his head a couple of times, then excused himself and hurried off to the trestle table for a cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich.

That in itself though was enough for me to reconsider, and I eventually realised that exorcism was just a bit unorthodox and potentially confronting for some people.

I decided that I would try smudging which was raised earlier in this thread. Of course it’s ridiculous mumbo jumbo, but my guests don’t need to know that. As I can’t be bothered supplying my cleaners with real sage, and really don’t want them using naked flames to light it anyway, I have invented “virtual smudging”. This uses a high definition photo of a smudging stick, displayed on a smartphone, which is then waved around. One of my cleaners is right into it, she also plays some ambient whale sounds at the same time, she says it makes it work even better (she’s a bit of a weirdo but her heart’s in the right place). It’s been great, it’s cheaper and safer than real smudging, doesn’t leave a smell, and is very effective at keeping those pesky evil spirits at bay!!