Has anyone tried to "cleanse" their place (spiritually I mean)?

You’re definitely underestimating the boomers. Who do you think owns those new age bookstores?

We had a group that left our apartment in an odd state once. It looked like they had had a seance or something. (ugh, candle wax) . They were early 70s.

3 Likes

A seance was not the first thought that came to mind here.

Think Madonna, Willem Dafoe :wink:

Maybe it’s just me…

JF

2 Likes

Nah. I would have gone there too but it was a brother, sister and a cousin. But who knows? (though the candle wax was all on and around a small round table). They used a “hippie scarf” for a table cloth (it was left behind). Dang. That would have been the time to have some undisclosed inside cameras ,0

1 Like

From Glasgow, or maybe Barnsley?

:wink:

JF

3 Likes

No, I’m pretty sure there’s a few more kinky folks here. :point_right::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Our property had some bad Juju in the 2 years before we got it, but we fill it with love and give it good memories and cool stuff, so it has returned our love generously. We think Gypsy the trailer, though inhabited by elderly men who have passed, they did love her and had some pride of ownership. She doesn’t give up her secrets to anybody except me…

Just yesterday we happened upon a grave just off one of our trails! I think it was buried in the winter, and I ain’t gonna digitup, but it may just enter my techniciolor dreaming<><>

It’s like telling the guests about rattlers, it only happens right after we’ve seen one!

2 Likes

Like a recent grave? Not a historic grave marker? Is it too big to be someone’s pet’s resting place?

jjd
Like I said I think it was buried last winter, it would be impossible to dig right now, the ground is so hard and dry.
I don’t know what’s in it. The size indicates a medium size dog. Of course its hard to tell, but the rock pile is about 3’x4’, and they left a small digging implement and decorated it with store bought rocks…

@gypsy Yeah, that sounds like a pet. I’ve buried too many :frowning:

Otherwise, I was going to say, “call the FBI”. :laughing:

2 Likes

There’s no chance of doing that :star_struck:

2 Likes

It would never occur to me to mention our rating stats. I’d never say 5.0.

4 Likes

:wink: Your secret is safe with me. I think it’s amazing that you have that rating in a shared space, also two rooms and dogs! It speaks to the professionalism and warmth you show here on the forum. I’m sure you’re a fantastic host in addition to having those great spaces.

3 Likes

Thanks, @KKC. I’ve gotten a lot of good info here.

1 Like

We cleansed our place with sage after a couple had a screaming fight in it in the middle of the night. Wanted the bad energy out! No fights since so I guess it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to all for your input, I’ve also been doing a bit more research so I now have a few more ideas on how to proceed.

Firstly though I’ll respond to a few of the comments raised so far.

I can’t in good conscience say that a place is haunted when I don’t believe in ghosts in the first place. This doesn’t conflict with my idea of certifying that a place isn’t haunted, because of course I know that’s not possible :slight_smile:

I did consider shortcuting the whole process and just printing up my own “fake” certifications, but I think that would be cheating. I may be a little facetious about the whole idea, but I’m no cheat!

Smudging …nope, not going to do that, that’s just new age hippy nonsense that’s been misappropriated from a number of indigenous cultures (primarily North American in origin). If I was renting out a teepee or an igloo I might consider it, but these are just houses and apartments.

Are those who believe in ghosts, spirits, entities and the like “poor, misguided people”? Of course they are, because those things don’t exist. Would I say that about a grown adult that still believes in Santa or the Easter Bunny? Yes! If I need to tone down my language I could be persuaded to say they are “sadly mistaken” … but that’s as far as I’ll go.

This has got a bit long so I’ll stop here. I’ll expand on my plan in another comment when I get more time.

1 Like

Gee, thanks for the insult to me and the other believers here. Just because you don’t believe, doesn’t mean it’s not true… I’ve seen too many things, Horatio*, that leave me a believer in “things that go bump in the night.”

I smudge because a Wiccan friend showed me how. It’s kept my house feeling light and airy and I do it after every few guests. I did it daily after the preacher and the drunk Italians… Oy… Plus, I like the smell of burning sage. Should I decide to sell the house, a statue of St. Joseph will be put upside down in a hole in the front yard until it sells for a higher price! :wink:

*Recovering Literature major… :wink:

1 Like

I’ll repeat – all you are doing is setting yourself up for someone to request a refund based on your “guarantee.“ And you’ll have no way to defend against that, since you open the door.

Putting up a few crosses around the house will send the same message to these poor misguideds, and you don’t have to pay for sage lol

1 Like

We just left an Airbnb here in Phoenix that had bibles in the bedside drawers, in addition to copious amounts of religious iconography throughout the home.

I’m definitely mentioning that in my review. As an atheist, my preference would be to not book a place like that in the future.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t care to book it either. I’m curious if these items were shown in any of the pictures on the listing?

Sometimes we really have to dig. When I went to SC last year I was a bit worried about giving my money to folks who don’t support by values. I found a listing that had some religious code language (or so it seemed). I clicked on the profile and saw that the host worked at a Nazarene church. I found a different listing.