Guests with too many questions?

Not true. All of mine show higher than 20. They are still not as high as my actual compliment numbers, though…

I think we are referring to this:

sc

20 guests ago the guest only clicked “outstanding hospitality.” Another guest within the last 20 didn’t click any compliments. So I’m guessing that the number just counts the last 20 guests.

But it does it ever show higher than 20 at the top of your listing for “recent guests said this place was sparkling clean”?

I think that’s where it doesn’t go over 20. I have 158 sparkling cleans and have never had that blurb go over 20 - even though I’ve well over 20 in a row and 158 in total.

I was not referring to that. I was responding specifically to @muddy who said:

Which would imply more than just the one category of “sparkling clean”.

You are referring to this:

Yes, most of us are referring to that. I believe @muddy was referring to this, as I also saw the discussion on the CC:

sparkle

1 Like

Well, the stats are based on a certain time period, so they wouldn’ just stay stagnant from 2 months ago, they change according to recent activity.

@JJD @georgiahost @KKC @RiverRock Yes, that’s the “compliments” I was referring to. Seems to reset at 20.

2 Likes

I find 97 to be a regularly used number - as in searches are up by 97% for these dates… never another number.

I think this is a good answer. We often think of our job as providing a room, but our real job is providing information. If someone asks for information already provided, try to probe for their discomfort, or anticipate it in your response. People with lots of questions make your job easier because you can always answer them. Customer service is about willingly leading people to obvious solutions that will encourage them to be grateful for your attention and energy.

2 Likes

(I was responding to JJD way back in the conversation)

There’s no rhyme or reason to me why they would go from say 63 to 56 - these are supposed to be the TOTAL number of compliments, why would they drop off?

An aside, I just noticed that compliments are no longer displayed to the public on my listing, so I no longer care about the inaccuracies! I wonder when they took those down? Same thing happen to anyone else?

They aren’t there when you click reviews? Mine are still there (desktop, I don’t know about on the app)

I’ve noticed they are there sometimes and then sometimes not . They have been consistently inconsistent since they showed up last fall.

The biggest issue I’ve noticed is that they don’t really provide any information to a guest. Because guests have not always had them as an option, they are not a very useful tool other than to possibly approximate what any individual’s host’s strengths and priorities are but they aren’t useful in comparing one listing to another listing.

For instance, we have a listing that was up before guests could give compliments, so the number of compliments doesn’t really tell you anything. So, if I have 120 reviews but only 90 “Outstanding Hospitality” compliments, what does that even tell you? It’s not that 30 of my guests didn’t give me an “Outstanding Hospitality” compliment, but that 30 (or so) guests reviewed my place prior to giving compliments was an option. Now if I only have 79 “Stylish Space” and 90 “Outstanding Hospitality” then you could surmise that my hospitality is greater than the stylishness of my space, but that’s all.

If a neighboring listing has only has 100 Reviews but also has 90 “Outstanding Hospitality” compliments, then we have the same amount of the compliments but how is that relevant in comparing two listings? It’s completely possible that, because my listing opened before there were compliments, that I am actually achieving a higher percentage of outstanding hospitality compliments, possible 100% of the time even, but that the neighbor has only achieved it 90% of the time because all 100 of her reviews had the option of giving the compliment.

I may have gone off the deep end and lost everyone on this, but I cannot for the life of me see how displaying the actual number of compliments is in any manner useful information. A percentage could be helpful but the actual number is meaningless between 2 different hosts. It doesn’t really matter but it bothers me that they are presenting it as actual information, when it really isn’t :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yesterday I checked in two Browsers (Safari and Chrome) and they definitely weren’t there. Now today they are back again. Resume irritation on the inaccurate (lower than actual) numbers!

1 Like

Agree 100% JD. Also, as I said in a prior post, they’ve actually dropped the number of compliments and I can’t figure out why they would do that, it’s not like it’s resetting quarterly or something. I may just have to call them and complain b/c it really bugs me. Agreed, no rhyme or reason on all counts!