Guests using my place for photo shoot

Not so picturesque in the inner city Bristol…but you can certainly see how much snow we have been having.

And I’m fine thanks @Gardenhost, my local independent shops and cafes are open and I had a major food order delivered yesterday.

And I can work from home.

Really enjoying not having any traffic around.

3 Likes

We have a Range Rover with Michelin Cross Climate tyres, an all year round tyre but a proper snow/ice/mud one. As Himself would say, they are the dog’s danglies…

1 Like

Author & Expert Consultant BBC BAKE OFF Creme de la Creme | International Pastry Consultant | UK Pastry Team President | Teacher | Photographer

(And Airbnb Squatter. )

2 Likes

Whaaat! Is that for real? Going to look right now. Jane, speak to the producer of Bake Off if this is true.

3 Likes

There are several more Martin Chiffers on LinkedIn, a couple with good photos so you could, hopefully at least, identify him.

1 Like

He needs to at least leave a selection of flans, chocolate soufflés and tarts as a parting gift. What a tool!

Twitter has his picture.

Jane needs to check it’s the right Martin Chiffers, then stiff him hard once he’s gone!

Hi @Joan

You might want to get in touch with your local hospital then Joan if you are in an area affected by the snow. We are looking for local volunteers who have 4X4s to help.

In Somerset and Bristol, we have put a call out for the public to help us get our doctors, nurses, therapists and wider health staff into work, some have been walking for two or three hours in the snow to get into work so they can help care for people.

2 Likes

How did you get his name @Joan

Jane gave it out in a post above.

That’s what happens when you try and follow a story on your mobile - miss out on all the juicy stuff :frowning:

2 Likes

What a lovely name! You’re near Yeovil I think. We have friends in Cadbury.

Sounds like the sort of place that should have been in an Agatha Christie book.

We’ve been doing GP/pharmacy runs and delivering meds to local people in outlying villages, plus checking on food supplies etc. whilst delivering. The farmers have now got their snow ploughs out and the road is clear. They have milk tankers to get in and out daily.

I used to be a ward sister in mental health, and remember walking from Crouch End (London) up to Muswell Hill in a foot of snow for an early shift at 7.30 am; a very steep hill indeed. Even the bus couldn’t get up it. Imagine my fury when half the non nursing staff began ringing in at 9 am to say they couldn’t get in. I had walked past the Occupational Therapist’s house two hours earlier, halfway up the hill. After experiencing my scathing response, she made the effort to get in.

4 Likes

Good for you. It’s great when communities get together to support each other.

It sounds like you are better organised at getting the roads clear in the country than we are in the cities. As you can see none of the roads have been cleared around us, no buses or trains running and the airport is closed too.

Every damm year the same thing with a bit of snow yet you don’t see this happening in other countries like Sweden or Norway.

2 Likes

Amazing Joan

Cadbury is just along the track from us. Come and see us when you are next visiting.

1 Like

I’ve just sent you a pm. Some info that may be of use business wise.

1 Like

The not so amazing chef has left a review, which will be horrid.
Air bnb made him pay for the extra night. They have said there is nothing they can do about him using it for a photo shoot. He refused to pay my request for an additional charge for this.

Since check out he has sent me a demand for a refund in full, he says there was no wifi, he claim there was no heating for his entire stay, no hot water, and all the heat from the wood burner went up the chimney, not in the cottage.

He was yelling at me on the day I went to the cottage to ask him to amend his booking wearing a T Shirt, the scantily clad associate was still not too keene on putting much on.

He did complain about the heating when wearing the T shirt, so I called out an engineer, who looked at the newly installed boiler and said a power cut during the storm had tripped the switch, but that all the radiators were still hot, and the boiler immediately began working once the power button was pressed.

I can get a report from the engineer on Monday to back all this up, so I am not worried about his lies.

Air bnb say they cannot take off his review.

I have not reviewed him…YET.

I am so sad, all my reviews are so nice and I try so hard with guests, I am totally deflated.

1 Like

Don’t be deflated! His bad review will stick out and only make him look bad. Of course you are going to give him a thumbs down, one stars across the board and eviserate him in his review. Many good writers here on the forum who will be happy to help you write a truthful, dispassionate review. @jackulas are you available to help? You’ll also want to respond to his review.

Since he has left his review there is no need to wait until the last minute.

2 Likes