Guests leaving review

kona, you are indeed a lovable rascal.

The one thing that has happened is that the island is now rented by people from many countries, and for very interesting reasons; ok the one that surely takes the cake is the six Brazilian women coming in February for a week to ‘explore their feminine sensitivity’. Afraid to ask what that means, not to screw things up. :sunglasses:

True, too much reviewing because too many podiums available.

3 Likes

oh MY!!! :blush:

I’m currently asking all my friends to join me for my 56th birthday…which is 3 yrs away. Your place is AMAZING!

1 Like

@brook, won’t that be fun. Hey, what’s wrong with your 55th birthday (2018?)

Late July, recheck photos, you will see 3 additions that will be made between this coming June 15th-July 15th: fish pond to keep the lobsters, palapa over 1/2 the lookout sundeck with bar, and last but not least a saltwater, swimming pool with deck around it, to see the stars at night I take no credit for such ideas, they have all come from best guests of late.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I am retiring the moment I turn 55 :slight_smile:
And stop with all these beautiful picturesque details, you are KILLING me over here.

Can we also come? We are your friends now!

1 Like

I’ve had guests that spoke various languages, but tell me that airbnb requires they leave the review in their language of origin, that they were not allowed to write it in English if they were from say, Germany or Korea.
Don’t know if thats still a rule.

Strange. I’ve had loads of guests from Europe but only one left her review in her own language.

I’ve never heard of this rule. Is it documented anywhere?

I don’t know, I just had one guest that apologised that she was forced to leave the review in French (or German, I don’t remember) because airbnb required it.
I thought at the time airbnb was trying to show how International they were …

Keep in mind this was a few years ago, maybe things have changed.

1 Like

I recently had Italian guest who left their review in Italian although they spoke perfectly good English while here. Maybe it depends on what country they were in when the opened their account because my Dutch and German guests left their reviews in English.

Interesting - and news to me! I’ve had several guests whose first language was not English leave their reviews in English.

There is a translator feature now. In the past, I have used the public response field to translate, but only if it is a GOOD review, LOL. :slight_smile: