Guests hanging around the house during daytime

I don’t mind guests who hang around all day, either. Most don’t- they come here for the beach, but then sometimes they’re just “beached-out”. And it is advertised as quiet countryside, so that’s what they came for, as well. My house set-up is such that if they’re up in their room, which is up an outside staircase, I often don’t even know if they’re home or not. It makes me feel good that they feel cozy up there and are happy to hang out and read, nap, do some art or yoga or whatever. I do share the kitchen and outdoor eating area with them, but I only host one guest at a time, so it’s not like they’re in there making elaborate meals for hours. And the majority of my guests have been super nice, interesting people, so I enjoy chatting with them over a coffee or a glass of wine.
But I can see where it would be irritating to have a guest that just slopped around the common areas all day in their pajamas, day after day.

1 Like

Why you need to erase it?
He stayed 2 weeks as I remember. It was awhile ago. Funny how now I host mostly locals. One guest per room . All of them are great…no problems with rent . Occasionally I get someone out of place but they don’t last and leave by themselves . People seem to like my houses. Once they come they never want to leave . I wish I could go on like this If I didn’t have to have pool house back for the season .