Guests can have multiple VERIFIED accounts

So from his forum I understood that guests could have multiple accounts…but I had always assumed that each person could only have one VERIFIED status by Airbnb account. I have just had multiple inquiries from the same person with multiple VERIFIED status accounts, each with different amounts of verified sources. All accounts created this month and all include government ID and selfie. I wonder if it was the same ID for all accounts…if she ends up booking I will certainly update y’all here. She is one of my staple guest types…military couple with pets moving and waiting on their housing. This one will be about a month which is nice in my book.

I guess this means that my previous requirement for all my guests to have Airbnb VERIFIED status to make sure that their reviews would follow them is not only not necessarily going to work for those with the bad reviews but is kind of a waste of my time. It appears to only add friction to the booking with me and doesn’t deter the really bad apples either way…

Just thought I would share my new knowledge in case there are other hosts out there that had thought like I did.

Why is she even making multiple inquiries?

2 Likes

Good question!! Because her start dates keep getting booked so her pre-approvals expire. And because she is not certain if end date and has never used Airbnb before and has lots of questions. And because she is bringing 3 dogs and because she is trying to pay with her husband’s government travel card. And because she is “older” (her words). Lots of things really, but all seems legit so far.

1 Like

I could see many inquiries but why several accounts?? Something isnt right tthere…

2 Likes

I have two account. I created one to test how secure their verification process was (not very). I now use the second one to travel and the first to host.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it is the same account, simply additional messages with new info? She created an account and put in the minimum information and made an inquiry. Then she got Airbnb prompts to add more verification, add a picture, fill out the profile etc. So the first time she inquired she only had Govt ID and phone number. Next time she wrote she added facebook and a profile pic, etc. I once had a booking from “new user.” Another time I had “Invinceable Vengenace Visits.” By the time they stayed with me they had changed their names but it was still the same account.

2 Likes

Ahhh. Good to know. Most likely the case here as all seems on the up and up so far and you are correct about increasing amounts of info each time. Weird thing that it doesn’t just continue on in the same thread like for my regulars who inquire and book many times.

Well, that would say multiple accounts to me but I just can’t believe creating multiple accounts is THAT easy, especially if their is no upside to doing it (say compared to a host whose listing has been shut down.)

1 Like

It should be simple to see if it’s the same account, just click on the guest’s profile from each of the inquiries and see if they are the same or different.

Ideally, this would be something you could report to Airbnb and they would investigate and fix, but with the current state of their their customer service and software, I wouldn’t expect any action if you tried.

1 Like

As far as I know, guests have a user number the same way listings do? I think it’s ‘users’ where we have ‘rooms’.

I think. So if the user has more than one number, then they have more than one account. Otherwise, it sounds like a very confused person :slight_smile:

Obviously we are even discussing this because they ARE different. That’s the point and what makes it weirder!

I’ll check into that when I get to a computer and post an update.

1 Like

The numbers are different. Interesting thing is the later one (most filled out) has the highest number. I would have assumed numbers are assigned or to high, in order signed up…