Guest wants a ‘partial refund’ because mom is visiting

I know I just though that sounded better and she seemed to be the concern of the guests (who sound deranged)

2 Likes

I have just listed an extra room but do not recollect there being anything to mention who else is on the property other than pets, and firearms.

1 Like

very true. I could be the MIL … my son and DIL have an ABB too.
I could easily be in their house.
I would Never sleep on their floor, nor share their private bathroom.
IB host can cancel when they are “uncomfortable”. This is a perfect scenario for a cancel w/o penalty.
Ouch…I am aged.

3 Likes

are you insinuating the in your 60’s could be “old” ? oh no !

1 Like

This.

Call AirBnB tell them you do not feel happy with this guest anymore and you are uncomfortable with them and mention the “Age Discrimination” in their messages. Tell them you want to cancel because of this.

2 Likes

Point this out to AirBnB as discrimination, and ask for cancellation because you do not feel comfortable with guest that are prejudiced against older people.

2 Likes

Defintely no. I was born in the fifties so I qualify :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These people are a problem waiting to happen. Objecting to Mom is bad enough, but adding that they’d have to pay three times as much elsewhere means that they have no interest in solving their own problems.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

My evil twin suggests that you are having a migraine. (You will, at this rate.) Extenuating circumstances.

3 Likes

Oh I dunno … let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. They might feel they could “catch” sudden old age by being with an Ancient Person (like people used to think you could somehow “catch” homosexuality by being in contact with someone gay …)

5 Likes

There is a new option somewhere about this. You can detail who else might be staying.

Three options from: just me / friends / other guests.
Can’t find it on the app, but think it popped on, when they had everybody give additional information about ‘type of property’

Not sure if or not it shows up for guest.

The cheeky burgers, they want the moon on a stick. They know they’ve got it cheap, they know there’s nowhere else to go, and they want a partial refund!

7 Likes

That seems and odd selection as there must be many people who have other family members living on the property.

Now of course it could vary by listing type but could find nothing on my ones.

2 Likes

Oh, this is NOT a good thing. “It will be just me so there won’t be any witnesses if you decide to bully, harass, or strangle and chop me up in small pieces.”

4 Likes

Update: Airbnb says we will be penalized if we cancel this group. So much for supporting hosts. Hopefully they don’t trash our house and then leave us a 1 Star review.

I remember feeling horrified as a student psych nurse on a placement where staff had segregated tea/coffee mugs. Why? " You don’t know what you might catch off them, you stupid student." Ostracised for eight weeks after saying that I didn’t know schizophrenia was infectious. I could go on about later in professional life, delivering HIV/Aids training to a psych multidisciplinary team, and ending up asking staff if they intended having sex with their patients. Did not go down at all well…

6 Likes

You’re a nurse too? :smile:

Retired nurse/social worker/psychotherapist/trainer/manager/trouble shooter/shit shoveller. Exactly the same skill set needed to run a B&B!

8 Likes

Pretty sure thats how I caught the gay…

lol

RR

4 Likes

Good one! :joy:

1 Like

Honestly… Cancel them. Airbnb gets knocked for not helping out hosts but the couple of issues I’ve had, they’ve been really helpful.
Call them or send a message online… Tell them you are uncomfortable with this guest due to her comments & get them to cancel.
It’s your home & I find it incredible that you can be penalised due to a family member being there.

1 Like