Guest wanting to cancel!

Well, all three of my listings showed up when I searched with “work trip” selected. So I’m happy.

2 Likes

It seems that after I qualified I started getting more “for work” bookings. For one, I had a dentist here most of last fall. So while they still have a way to filter for that maybe they found many people traveling for work would rather have a pet around than a desk. Or a private entrance and flexible check in wasn’t as important as they thought.

2 Likes

And according to the new requirement, I am sure you still qualify as some of those very numerous 5-stars must be from your business travelers :slightly_smiling_face:

My guess is that the collections (family or work) were just not being used enough as they got rid of both. I’m sure they’ll pop some new thing into it’s place sometime soon (and without telling us ,)

3 Likes

Yeah of course I can, I realise those options. My annoyance is that she kicks and screams to get her own way…I now need to cancel her to stop her coming here, and she gets 100% back, exactly as she wanted/planned…Thats the only reason she hasn’t cancelled herself, she’s forced me into cancelling to get all her money back…
Anyway time to move on, Air B&B will cancel without penalties and nothing else, so that’s what I’ll do…

1 Like

Not so great if it’s your home, too risky… I’ll be cancelling her…

Good Riddance.
Now time to put the listing back up. Jack up the price $10 a night.
Buy some wine with that extra profit when you get booked out and enjoy it with peace of mind.
YOU are the WINNER here.

2 Likes

And likely knew how pro guest Airbnb is…

1 Like

Are you meaning a case manager or is there really such a thing as an AirBnB mediator now?

So well put! A decision tree with percentages comes to mind…remembering my EMBA. :wink:

2 Likes

Very interesting. I’ll need to think that over and test it out I think. So far we don’t get 1 night stays Mon, Tue, Wed - though we have gotten two Thur-Fri overnights.

If I recall correctly, it’s still 6 weeks out so hopefully it all books up for you! What a piece of work that lady is!

So what happened in the end @Igol

So easy to say, read and hear. So much harder to do when you are being impacted.

Seems like veiled extortion to me…

I think we are using the word moderated differently. I would say the more accurate word would be monitored in this case. But unless CS does anything it won’t matter really. It’s just further fodder to seal your conviction that she will not be allowed in your home.

Thank you! ;o) …

If you really think your chances of rebooking in 7 weeks is nil, and booking in 2 weeks (is that the correct timeframe to get her half refund by the policy’?) then wait it out and call her bluff. If she doesn’t cancel after the time frame for partial refund you can try to get it canceled then, even offering partial refund if necessary. It is all a Risky chance But it also means you could end up dealing with this for another 5-6 weeks at least. The getting the bandaid off quick may be worth it or may not at this point. Only you can decide.

Hmmm…my option has disappeared as well! Any idea how long this has been the case? Has a temporary unavailability occurred in the last? If so how long before it came back?

This is exactly what I do for everything. Was just discussing it with my neighbor last night. Set up very thing as low as I’m willing to go (which gets slowly higher all the time) and then a la cart pricing for everything additional.

One thing I have noticed now thinking about it is that even though those people picking several items off the cart are still getting a sufficient deal for them, they sometimes seem resentful that the listing could be had by just one person with no animals for a much cheaper price. Then Their behavior and reviews often decline.

1 Like

9/30/19: This was posted about here and I also had it confirmed via CS as well as the community forum.

Oh right! I think I had seen that before but my mind was too focused elsewhere to remember it…:upside_down_face:

So many things worth doing are hard. I stand by my assertion that getting the guest’s reservation ended and attempting in ASAP to get a new one in place is the best strategy. Great thing about the forum is that one will get a variety of opinions, hopefully well reasoned ones, and they can use that to inform their decision.

1 Like