Guest wanting to cancel!

If I recall correctly, it’s still 6 weeks out so hopefully it all books up for you! What a piece of work that lady is!

So what happened in the end @Igol

So easy to say, read and hear. So much harder to do when you are being impacted.

Seems like veiled extortion to me…

I think we are using the word moderated differently. I would say the more accurate word would be monitored in this case. But unless CS does anything it won’t matter really. It’s just further fodder to seal your conviction that she will not be allowed in your home.

Thank you! ;o) …

If you really think your chances of rebooking in 7 weeks is nil, and booking in 2 weeks (is that the correct timeframe to get her half refund by the policy’?) then wait it out and call her bluff. If she doesn’t cancel after the time frame for partial refund you can try to get it canceled then, even offering partial refund if necessary. It is all a Risky chance But it also means you could end up dealing with this for another 5-6 weeks at least. The getting the bandaid off quick may be worth it or may not at this point. Only you can decide.

Hmmm…my option has disappeared as well! Any idea how long this has been the case? Has a temporary unavailability occurred in the last? If so how long before it came back?

This is exactly what I do for everything. Was just discussing it with my neighbor last night. Set up very thing as low as I’m willing to go (which gets slowly higher all the time) and then a la cart pricing for everything additional.

One thing I have noticed now thinking about it is that even though those people picking several items off the cart are still getting a sufficient deal for them, they sometimes seem resentful that the listing could be had by just one person with no animals for a much cheaper price. Then Their behavior and reviews often decline.

1 Like

9/30/19: This was posted about here and I also had it confirmed via CS as well as the community forum.

Oh right! I think I had seen that before but my mind was too focused elsewhere to remember it…:upside_down_face:

So many things worth doing are hard. I stand by my assertion that getting the guest’s reservation ended and attempting in ASAP to get a new one in place is the best strategy. Great thing about the forum is that one will get a variety of opinions, hopefully well reasoned ones, and they can use that to inform their decision.

1 Like