Guest thinks he’s hilarious?

Well this sucks. Seems I hosted a joker and this has now affected my rating.
Would you message the guest to (nicely) ask what the hell or let it go?

Move on. He can’t change it so why waste the energy. At least it doesn’t affect your overall rating, he left you 5* there.

There’ll always be guests like that, they think they’re being humorous, but in reality they just come across as a dick.

JF

5 Likes

Let it go. Why would you contact the guest? It won’t make any difference to him or to you. Don’t waste your time.

2 Likes

Let it go! He gave you a five star for everything else. It’s unfair that he penalized you for value but there’s nothing you can do except move on.

Let it go…but…
this clearly demonstrates exactly why “value” has always been problematic.
Every traveler truly wants something for free or discounted, or a deal.
The only way to win 5 stars on value all the time, is to underprice.
Of course AirBnb would win big then…and that is precisely why they adore the
“value” rating…it propels a race to the bottom and fills their coffers.
He was not joking; he was writing the truth.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t waste any time on it. I definitely wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of letting on that you even read it. He’s a 15 year old with an ID that says he’s older.

6 Likes

I was dinged on value by a guest because of the AirBnB fees - she said they were too high. When I asked her why the ding on value she told me and I explained that hosts have ZERO control of the Air fees and we don’t get paid on them - we get paid out a percentage of the nightly rate, minus more Air fees. She was contrite and when she stayed again, gave me 5* reviews and on value too.

I used to explain the fees to guests after that and because I get a lot of newbies they appreciated learning how it works.

1 Like

It only affected the your value rating, and I don’t think many hosts would tell you their value rating alone has had any impact on their business. Experienced hosts with 5-star ratings expect occasional dings for both value and location.

4 Likes

I had a guest ding our location because she couldn’t seem to back-up in a straight line out of the driveway (reason given was: “have to back-up in driveway”) LOL.

3 Likes