We have a guest that booked our condo for the entire month of July back in March. We followed up with her this week because we still have not received her rental agreement. Her first response to us this week was that she has found another place to book and no longer was interested in our place. Wait…what??? you booked the place and paid for it! Now we don’t know what to do. We called AirBnB and they said that she would have to pay almost all of the rent at this point minus one day so we notified her that the booking she requested is still active. She let us know a few hours later that she called Airbnb and they told her that we the host need to cancel her. That doesn’t sound right.
Does anyone have any suggestions? We are assuming she booked with us and then found somewhere cheaper. Now if she really isn’t going to stay with us in July we want this reservation to be cancelled so that we can open it up for reservations and fill in this gap. We are also worried that if this issue stays out there and doesn’t get resolved prior to July that she will be billed and then refute the change with the credit card company and then we are out all that money plus we couldn’t book to new potential guest. I believe that if she cancels she will still be out a lot of money. Someone mentioned that we should refund her 50% if she cancels but if that happens how can we ensure that refund is handled by Airbnb? We don’t want to pay out $ by a different form of payment because again what if this is some kind of scam or something and she also tries to get $$$ back on her credit card.