Guest says I should offer toothpaste

I have a taste for cheap suits and expensive toothpaste. Don’t judge me.

4 Likes

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned this product yet, but we provide Bite toothpaste tablets:

3 Likes

This looks great

I don’t know if I’d get it for guests but I love the idea for myself when I’m traveling.

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks convenient for travelling and for guests, but 124 toothbrushings for 24.99 is awfully expensive, since I can get that much toothbrushing out of a $7 tube of toothpaste.

You know @muddy, we do run a pretty high-end operation. :wink:

2 Likes

Too bad it’s all bar codes now- if you left the price sticker on the bottle, guests could be impressed at how you spare no expense for their convenience. :laughing:

1 Like

Funny on my link the price is $19.99. Maybe adjusted for MX?

Oh weird. Now it says 19.99. Definitely said 24.99 the first time I looked.

1 Like

cool. i’ve been looking into a few of these alternate options. a podcast i listen to recently did an ad for a natural toothpaste with hydroxyapatite, sadly they don’t ship outside the USA. I should hit up amazon, duh.

In the end I bought some mini sized natural toothpaste tubes (in a brand I already know and use), so will put one in each of my forget-me-not baskets, and one for my own travel bag.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t offer more than a hotel. I don’t think I ever stayed in a hotel that offered tooth paste. Or hand lotion.
Hotels offer soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.

2 Likes

At most of the hotels I’ve stayed at, you can ask the front desk for toothpaste and toothbrush, and maybe a comb or razor and they’ll provide it at no cost. However, an extremely budget-friendly hotel probably would not offer them without a charge.

3 Likes

yes, this is why I was surprised the guest thought it was “normal” to offer toothpaste, when hotels do not!

2 Likes

Very nice hotels most definitely do provide toothpaste. And your places are like very nice hotels. It’s a compliment.

5 Likes

thank you for the compliment, but i’m not priced like a very nice hotel. byo toothpaste povvos! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok, WTF does “povvos” mean? You really should include translation footnotes if you’re going to speak Aussie slang. :wink:

1 Like

well, pretty sure the Brits will understand that.
pov=poverty and a povvo=poor person
there’s a Brit guy who has a tiktok /insta etc shabazsays who has a very funny account around this idea. and I’m not sure of the etymology, whether we aussies invented this one or not, but we are happy to share it with the world.

sometimes I do actually do this! and other times, sadly, I simply opt to use the American word instead…

edit: so out of curiosity i googled it. hazzah! it IS Aussie slang. yay for us, adding to the global culture in such a meaningful way. again. you’re welcome.

3 Likes

I’ve found “free” toothbrushes and toothpaste at every hotel I’ve asked for them, except the $80US a night Super 8. So as long as a hotel is three-star or higher, I’d expect they would supply it upon request. I’ve never seen it supplied in the room, though.

1 Like

“We’RE nOT hoTeLs!” and we don’t want to be compared to them except when we do.

A small tube of toothpaste is just over a buck USD. I really can’t quite wrap my head around this being much of a debate. It’s reminiscent of the toilet paper rationing ones.

What is Aussie slang for a person who pinches a penny so tight, Lincoln squeaks.?

4 Likes

Or less: 24 tubes for under $16US

If you get mostly one or two-night stays, you could get the little packets. 144 packets at 16 cents each

I got the little packets first, but they ended up expiring before they were used up. So I switched to one-ounce tubes in boxes: 24 tubes for under $20US

I just went to Wal-Mart this morning and see that they still have Crest travel size tubes for 97 cents. I got small anti-perspirant for $1.18.

2 Likes