Guest not feeling comfortable, when asked what I can do to make them feel comfortable, they say nothing. ( ? )

Maybe,prove it…

1 Like

There was no way in HELL I would want these tools on my property, or perhaps risk them doing damage to it because of not refunding their money! I feel much lighter today :wink:
Thank you

1 Like

So not quite a DIY pagan sort of exorcism then, just close after wider adoption?

1 Like

Using Essential Oils in an electric warmer might produce the same results.

1 Like

You are not being harsh. You are being lovely. You are asking if you can make them more comfortable. One more thing - can we stay with you? It’s sounds charming!!!

1 Like

@crycepaul It’s good to hear that this booking ended without any nastiness. Well, other than your stress level of course :frowning:
I take the occasional third-party booking (thru IB) but every time I worry about it and, although no complete disasters, it’s never ideal. I think you’re right not to do it again and I’m going to take my own advice too!!

I really like your listing and have actually put it on my list for places to stay when I next visit my favourite city in the world.

That is going to seem like a suck-up line now that I’m going to offer some critique… I think you’re over-selling the place. It is a great listing and doesn’t need any hotel-style hyperbole. I would lose some of the text on the photos… I know it’s a “thing” to quote nice stuff from guest reviews but I think a lot of people find it off-putting. I’d also lose all the words like “clean, bright, modern, quirky”. It sets you up for disappointment when there is actually no brightness (implies natural light for many people), the bathroom is a standard bathroom with no Japanese-style “modern” features, quirky is a personal taste.

I’m a big believer in the “under-promise and over-deliver” theory. It’s a thin line, of course, but one worth finding. I hope my unsolicited comments are taken in the spirit that they’re given. Your listing is fab, let it speak for itself!

4 Likes

Thanks! I do have one. I will get it going immediately

Thanks, @Magwitch! and you are welcome anytime! I will take your advice, it makes so much sense.

1 Like

Thank you @reluctantfarmgirl you are welcome! I love having guests, although I give my guests all the privacy they need. The apartment is private, which I think a lot of guests really appreciate.

1 Like

How amusing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can put bright, daylight-balanced bulbs in the light fixtures to make up for any lack of sunlight. Maybe it will keep people from complaining.

1 Like

That’s a good idea @sparkparker I have LED warm lights at the moment maybe something brighter and daylight balanced would help. Thanks!! :blush:

1 Like

Well… let’s hope @Magwitch.
The guests didn’t cancel their booking, they just left. So I am waiting to see if they are going to put their frustrations and feelings of discomfort into the review.

Even if they had cancelled they would be able to leave their feelings in a review. You also get to leave your feelings in one and I certainly hope you will do so.

Ugh, that waiting game is horrible :frowning: I’ve found the majority of third-party bookings don’t leave a review, so here’s hoping it’s the same for you. If they DO leave a crappy review, best is to try and remain positive and use it as an opportunity to show your professionalism. I’m sure you know that already but if in doubt what to write in response - do ask for advice on here. There are so many posters with great writing skills and an impartial view.

3 Likes

If you just need to vent, I am all ears and will provide a metaphorical shoulder to cry on.
If you want productive feedback, I suggest never accepting 3rd party bookings (of my 500+ reservations as a host, I have had less than 10 ‘problematic’ guests and of those 10, at least seven were 3rd party bookings).
Heeding that advice will likely steer you clear of this and similar problems in the future. My logic is if they don’t have an AirBnB account, they aren’t part of the ‘community’. Call me staunch, but the proof is in the pudding.

My second piece of advice is also certain to cause uproar, but here I go. Loosen up. I have worked in customer service for two decades; I’ve had food thrown at me, been spit on, dug through dumpsters to find dental retainers, you name it. At the end of the day, this is hospitality. Doing things for other people that you wouldn’t normally do. You will live a richer, longer life if you learn to let it roll off like water on a duck’s back.

I wish you well in the future and mean you no ill will with my feedback. I don’t know as much as I think I do but I’m wealthy and happy so I must be doing something right.

3 Likes

This is a lot less controversial than saying we have to serve breakfast, lol.

Me as well. But I didn’t get this way doing Airbnb.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not looking to get rich. I just like having guests from all over the world and treating them as I wished I was treated when I traveled.

2 Likes

I think it very correct that you stick to rules. Your case is typical, and shows that Airbnb is interested in transactions, and remember that Airbnb keeps their fee, and if you cancel and give a refund, it is your money which is refunded, and the chance that the guest book something else is greater. You are the worker, the employee, and the guest is the customer. You don’t have so many other possibilities to find bookings, but the customer could use a lot of other platforms. Strange that Airbnb treat all of their “employees” so badly, and we ought to organize, to create better working conditions. Nice that we can have this forum.

3 Likes

What’s interesting here is that Airbnb are supporting guests who were third party,

(Quote function not working properly)

I just had someone instant book for a 3rd party, I was pretty annoyed. Airbnb no longer bans these which is stupid

4 Likes