Guest is on her way and she asking me

Do you have a TV or Netflix?

It’s clearly show on my listing the TV and Cable TV crossed off! I sent her a screenshot and she replied “Ok, I’ll be there soon and we’ll figure it out”.

Figure what out?! Who’s going to Best Buy to pick up a TV? :rage::thinking:

1 Like

She probably means to tell you she was counting of having one or the other and will ask you if she can cancel. Be prepared.

4 Likes

Figure out if all the other amenities that she wants (which are clearly not offered per your listing) are there because she didn’t bother to read your whole listing and then decide if she wants to stay there or leave and ask for a full refand due to some bogus complaint. That’s what it sounds like to me anyway One of those guests who books then thinks they have an option to stay or not stay, depending on how much you two can “figure out” when she gets there. Hope I’m wrong. It just smells like one of those. But maybe not.

1 Like

do you have internet? they can watch on their computer.

2 Likes

By the way, many guests have their own Netflix and other saved content on theor laptops now and just stream content to TV screen. It is a nice amenity and cheap to offer just a tv with no cable or Netflix so they can watch whatever they want or have stored their laptop. A nice 32" flatscreen can be had for less than $150. A chromecast or other streaming device is about $25 on Amazon.

1 Like

No problem. She can come and call AB to cancel.

Make sure you document all conversations via the Airbnb system, NOT by text or phone call. IE: "Thank you for your question about whether or not tv or Netflix will be available upon your arrival tonight. As per my listing, these items are not offered in this rental."
Document, document, document!

8 Likes

Let’s see. I’m ready :wink:

Already sent it to her.

1 Like

Awesome attitude Oded!

1 Like

Everything through their system. No games. Being only but polite and professional with her as usual.

Needless to say she also asked where to park and if it’s free… all of which I stated in the House Manual :wink:

1 Like

Did you ask her if she would be needing any special amenities due to her obvious blindness? :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Damn… I might have to :wink:

1 Like

People who never read the basics are Trouble with a capital T.

3 Likes

Only issue with that is we discover it only AFTER the fact.

She gave you no indication? yeah, I have had guests who seemed good until they actually arrived.

Definitely do not read. I tell guests many times to remember to park in the rear lane etc etc, 99% do this. Last night we had guests arrive two hours later than they said which is not a problem as they park in the rear lane and let themselves into the granny flat. I left our two dogs inside the house as we had to go out. I received a phone call asking if we have two dogs? They said the key wasn’t in the door but the door was open. I said I’d check with my son and call her back. Turns out they turned up to the front street and our house with the dogs safely secured and not the rear lane where I had told them to an hour prior!!! Not a problem in the end just annoying. We don’t go out that often anyway so are usually home but we were out with our 3 year old grand daughter. Our youngest sons, twins, move off to uni and the Navy next year so we won’t have them around as a back stop either, though they are rarely needed. Just wish guests would read as I do when I am a guest.

3 Likes

Don’t get me started on how difficult this seemingly is.

Me either but if I do it increases the chance that the airbnb guest will have a problem that needs my attention by 280%.

6 Likes

Another mom of twin boys! Mine are 22!

3 Likes

So far… no complaints. She left the lights on when left, whatever. She even asked for an ashtray for the outside which I thought was quite respectful - no one ever did.

Let’s see thought, tonight’s the last night and tomorrow walk through would reveal the truth :wink:

Thank you all for the support!

3 Likes

Mine are now 18 and the world is their oyster…but we will be empty nesters. From 6 to none. tempted to get a third dog…or travel more.

3 Likes