This might be as hard to explain as it is to understand, so bear with me…and feel free to give up halfway thru reading, or to reply with a “oh, for heaven,s sake,
- I don’t do Instant Book
- 6:30 am Received inquiry from a seasoned AIRBB traveler
- I don’t even have my coffee til 7:30, so sent the Pre-approval at 8:30 a.m.
- the instant I sent the Pre-approval to guest A, AIRBB chimed and I read a Request to Book from guest B. Oddly, for a completely different kind of trip, but for the very same 5 day period as Guest A
- Waiting for a confirmation of guest A’s booking, I sent a “have to wait and see” to guest B, then jumped back to check messages. Less than 5 mins had passed between my response to Guest A and Guest B, during which time Air cancelled the Guest A inquiry (over-riding my pre-approval? How?). Guest A’ canceling surprised me as She and I were friendly & seemed a great fit
- Calendar free now, I Booked Guest B, who was thrilled.
7 Within this minute Guest A sent a “I’m trying to reserve, but my Abb site seems “frozen”, please bear with me - she obviously hadn’t a clue that my pre-approval would - and did - turn into a cancellation , while she was struggling to book - this had been going on before I booked Guest B
- I msg her - with regrets and incredulity: She messages me back, upset: I only get 30 minutes to book?! What’s going on . I feel terrible for her, advise her to call Airbnb, then have them contact me so I can verify from my end.
- She declines, as she now has to scramble for an accommodation proximate to transportation, and to her venue - or rent a car.