Guest hid luggage in my private closet between stays

What?? Say it isn’t so!! Those things are SO useful and they last forever.
edit just checked and they’ve only stopped single-use bags. Honestly, I didn’t even know they did those anyway. Never seen them here in UK. Only the lovely strong blue ones that cost 50p and will carry your laundry for at least 10 years.

Phew,

3 Likes

In my area (southeastern USA) no more blue bags. I only have 1. I am in serious covet if anyone having an extra blue bag Ok-I know I’m not supposed to covet people’s belongings but I think I will be forgiven if I say it up front

Update: my info is out of date. IKEA stopped blue bags in my area for a while. They are back. I need to stock up!!!

2 Likes

Right, looks like my new business venture is flogging Ikea bags on this forum at a premium, I’d have to charge at least 60p, to make a 20% profit. I can finally give up hosting.

And yes it was one of my own bags, I have a collection of them in various shades of the exact same blue, you just have to imagine the difference.

@Annet3176, you could come and stay and I’d offer a trip to Ikea as an Airbnb Experience

7 Likes

Gasp! You are giving all kinds of things to this deceitful guest…not a great idea for teaching guests not to try to do it to others…

I think it’s quite possible that she won’t review you, in the mistaken belief that you won’t review her. I’ve had a few mediocre/poor guests do this.

1 Like

I have five of them @Annet3176 - where are you.

I think they are still doing them at my local IKEA.

I’d put her stuff out on the sidewalk but probably don’t do what I would do lol

I hear you, but I don’t think this particular guest can be taught anything at all as she considers herself above rules and the needs of others. She described herself as an alpha female in our conversation. That should mean a good leader, not a good (ab)user in my book but oh well…!

Yep, I got one from Ikea only last weekend. (Florida).

1 Like

She did break T&Cs by not following the House Rules.

Given your distress I was seriously going to mail you mine and pick up another next time I was at IKEA. But no IKEA here in my town so I don’t go that often. Phew!

1 Like

Just because she may not learn does not mean that you should be giving her gifts and spending money on her while she lies to you and disrespects you.

2 Likes

I would treat this one with kid gloves. Kill her with kindness. Your receipt from the hotel is proof you have gone the extra mile. You don’t want her coming back and insisting that something is missing.

You are a very nice person, and I am so sorry that you went through this.

3 Likes

Omg. Those Blue IKEA bags are how I move my clean laundry from my home where I wash and my Airbnb about 3 miles away. I would be lost without this blue bag system. I have 6 bags. Hehe

2 Likes

Four IKEA bags are stuffed under the bed that’s on bed risers in my 2nd Airbnb in process – 680 ft. row home, VERY limited storage space – with all the extra sets of sheets, comforters and pillows.

2 Likes

It wasn’t in my house rules, just in my general listing info and check-in instructions. I never thought in a million years I’d have to include it as a house rule, but now I will.

Hi @Lynnie

There is nothing in the T&Cs for reviews that says they will remove a review if a guest doesn’t follow your house rules.

So what? Big deal! Nobody got hurt - no reason to get so worked up. Again and again this ‘she didn’t obey my rules’.

1 Like

I’ve had guests leave stuff behind which ends up in their review. One threw a broken suitcase out in my back yard, hidden behind a lawn chair.

In this case, the mean streak in me wants to leave bags of white powder hidden in her luggage.

In reality, you’ll get a bad review. If the bridges are burnt already, I would want to make a claim for storage and that’s more on principle. If you could cancel her without shooting yourself in the foot, that would avoid the uncomfortable situation when she stays again. I don’t see any easy path.

It is amazing what people will try.

No, but just that House Rules seem like Cardinal Rules.
Wasn’t in the House Rules, though.