Guest got too friendly

It wouldn’t worry me. I am mature enough (read old enough) for it not to bother me. I’ll never see them again, after all. Men don’t scare me :wink:

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Guest hits on me; retaliates rebuff with petty review

Horrific. It’s harassment. And if you haven’t done a # me too on this you should. Clearly you were punished for rebuffing his bizarre advances. Try to report?

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. However, I am NOT responsible, or culpable, in an instance like this one, and I will thank you in keeping your comments both positive and constructive.

This incident happened some time ago. Should I report it regardless?

I don’t know who you are addressing your comment to. If it’s Maggieroni she wasn’t addressing her comments to you she was posting to OlyCandice, the OP. It can be confusing when an old post is resurrected, especially if people are reading in the app, not on the website.

1 Like

My post was not in response to you, sorry!

I think it’s a good idea to report the incident. If you report; the next time someone reports the guest, Airbnb will have received multiple complaints so they will be more likely to deactivate his account.

1 Like

In my hosting capacity, there have been certain energies and vibes, if you will, but no one has straight-up hit on me. Except this one guy did after he already checked out and lucky for me he did it on the messenger so it’s all documented. Some nonsense about how he’d love to see me again, even though he ain’t “seen” me once! I still say it’s not great, and every woman knows that feeling where a guy who knows where you live is a little scarier to turn down. It’s a thought that lingers in the back of your skull, reasonable or no. It’s frustrating, and I wish guests knew not to do this. Some might say he did it “the right way” by waiting until after checkout, but I say there is no right way to hit on a service worker. Especially after you did something as intimate as share their home. That’s why I take issue with so many of these responses not putting 100% of the blame on him. IDGAF if you think that waitress or whatever service worker is your true love; leave her the fuck alone!

2 Likes

I would have said that you are not comfortable with that… or simply state I’m not a hugger!

I would never be able to do home share, as I am older, and pretty attached to my privacy. But my 30 year old son has been doing it for a couple years along with 3 other STR entire properties and a long term rental property. He has told me that most people are very nice and respectful of boundaries, but occasionally you get a weird one, he once had a chain smoking over drinking lady that walked into his bedroom without so much as a knock, he was laying on his bed shirtless watching TV, and told her in no uncertain terms that his room is off limits, if she needs something she can message him and he will help her with what she needs when he is available. Basically she said she was bored and hoping he was wanting company, he said certainly not in his bedroom.

He did report this lady and after she left he noticed in the weeks to follow she had a few creepy encounters and seemed to only book male home share houses and repeated her weird behavior in other properties.

Ancient topic, start a fresh one if you wish.

Closed.

JF

1 Like