Guest got too friendly

Thats not my theory. But people tend to think so.
I did not notice through my life that women who are vey pretty get ahead carreer wise or success in work place because of their appearance.
In getting rich guys, yes. With Airbnb why would guys rent from a pretty woman vs not that attractive. What is the adgenda here, to get sex? Thats just very silly and not realistic. What are the odds anyway of succeeding.

This guy was an ahole and really pushed boundaries. But to characterize an attempted kiss (that someone apologizes for and then immediately retreats from) a “sexual assault” is a complete negation of female agency (we are only defined as victims or as potential victims of male sexual assault). I know the OP didn’t call this a sexual assault and it sucks she had to deal with a situation that made her uncomfortable. But for others to characterize this as sexual assault is problematic.

3 Likes

He made a pass. You rebuffed him and he accepted the rebuff without drama. He left; he’s gone; you’ve learned a few things about being careful what kinds of signals you send and what interpretations you enable. And he needs to be banned from Air because …because … because why?

And if this man made a pass at your teenage daughter while you were at the store…I guess you would have the same response. Of course not. You are an idiot.

5 Likes

Men are usually very dumb when it comes to so called “signals”, or they pretend to be dumb. I go out with my friends, and this is what happens. A guy stares, and stares for a long time, i turn my head from him, i yawn into his face, i say no to dance, i hardly smile, i refuse a drink. At the end of the night he asks for my phone number.
So what signals i send to him…

4 Likes

Yana, you are obviously irresistible because you are…mysterious!

2 Likes

hehehe, why am i mysterious?

1 Like

Yana…you make me laugh so hard.

I wonder what the guy would do if you yawned “away” from his face. Oh dear…he might just get a hard on. I just want to smack some of these idiots in the head. Shaking my head…

1 Like

I have no clue what you look like or your age but I figure you are blond, trim, exude an inner confidence…and when you turn your head, it’s coy, almost teasing, whether you intend it or not. Am I right? You do keep your eye on him periodically. If he asks you to dance or offers you a drink, your response allows him to hear that you have an accent…

All of that is intriguing to the male species on the prowl.

Yana, it is the power of the least interested. Or, it’s the Ukrainian accent. Drives men wild! :smile:

:grin::joy: @cabinhost Did i say it wrong ‘into his face’?

@konacoconutz, i dont know if its an accent, here in South Florida everyone has some kind of an accent:)

@SandyToes. I am so not blond:joy::joy:. I have red hair. May be i do look back but only because of annoying looks. Guys hit on everyone, especially if its in a late night place, may be someone will say yes. Sorry guys on this forum, i am sure you are different:joy::joy:

1 Like

you should have not been leading him on or acting skanky !!

That’s it. Admit it Yana you are ‘Simply Irresistible’'. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I feel for you! He was awful. It’s a bit of ‘bad programming’ in us women that we react slowly or only afterwards, and the bad feeling gets stronger when it’s too late and the moment to strike back has passed. I think it’s part upbringing to try to be nice but also the surprise element, as in it takes time for the brain to catch up with what’s happening if it’s really unexpected. Another thing is that it might be safer to be nice, rather than find out the hard way what happens if you reject someone bluntly.

As for blaming the victim, I think there is confusion about it because it’s a case of ‘the insurance broker’ versus ‘the judge’. The insurance broker says, “Lock your house, don’t go out at night; you have to protect yourself and your stuff, blame yourself if it goes bad”. The judge says the criminal is to blame. Some people aren’t aware they are speaking as the insurer rather than the judge when discussing who’s responsible and guilty.

3 Likes

please tell! a crazy story needs pics or it didn’t happen. ha!

I’m pretty sure the story is up there somewhere in this thread. Long story short, Mr. Anime (he was in town for a convention) came to the kitchen table wearing a teeny towel that didn’t cover up “Mr. Happy” very well. As for pictures, I don’t think that would have been welcomed by him! :)))) It was all pretty humorous.

I would estimate that about 60% of our guests want to hug me when they leave. This includes lesbians, gay males, heterosexual males and heterosexual women - of all nationalities. I see nothing wrong with that and I’m happy to hug - and yet as a Brit, I’m supposed to have a ‘stiff upper lip’ and be aloof :slight_smile:

Lets face it @jaquo, that is because you are adorable. :slight_smile:

Seriously speaking, I get along the same way with my guests and comes easy; having a positive attitude and not stress over the small negative things helps maintain enthusiasm.

1 Like

Enthusiasm is the most important thing! My goal is to share our lovely place with guests who appreciate exactly what I love. And I’m so lucky because 99% of our guests do exactly that. :slight_smile:

Would you be happy to hug someone who had followed you around all morning repeatedly getting uncomfortably close to you, took his time “brushing something out of your hair” and then tries to kiss you?