Goddammit I'm HAPPY

From your own definition: Opinions are “not necessarily based on fact or knowledge”.

Opinions and Complaints are also not mutually exclusive; In your case (MY opinion) they are one and the same.

For someone who has made a point of wanting to focus on AirBNB topics, you have provided NO content regarding hosting; It has only been complaining (offering your opinion) on what should not be discussed.

FACT:

2 Likes

How Trumpist of this poster.

Find a topic you disagree with, complain, disrupt, deflect…

Next thing we’ll get it complaints of posting fraud, and the request that’s folks stop posting, or that more folks post!

Odds that a nice happy topic gets locked before I’m in bed?

JF

10 Likes

This was flagged at the beginning as a political discussion. They are expressing happiness.
There are hundreds of helpful threads on this forum. You don’t have to read this one. Freedom of choice.

5 Likes

I can tell I’m way out of touch these days. I thought the first complaint we would get would be about the cursing as part of the post title. I thought the second, third and fourth complaints would be about the political opinion expressed.

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Just goes to show that the Trump crowd are more offended by anyone expressing happiness that Biden won than they are about taking the Lord’s name in vain.
Kinda like thinking the old and health-compromised should be sacrificed to COVID so the young can party.
Priorities, ya know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I am going to finish this thread with HAPPY THOUGHTS! No more anger, chaos, hatred and petty name-calling. HALLELUJAH! Our VP is a sharp woman who is respected by the President for her her experience and intelligence. Biden made a fabulous choice!
We, the 74 million, who voted for change are THRILLED!

11 Likes

As far as the effect of politics on hosts… I had multiple opportunities to visit the US in the last 4 years and chose elsewhere in the world because of who was sitting in the Whitehouse.
I did not feel safe!

7 Likes

8 Likes

Same here. And people the world over feel like that. But the results of this election wouldn’t make me feel any safer in the US. Not when there are 71 million Trumpers there with their 2nd amendment-protected arsenals.

2 Likes

I understand the concern but it really shouldn’t keep people from traveling here. Just like the news of violence in Mexico doesn’t keep people from traveling there.

And this is just speculation but I believe that most gun owners in the US are not 2nd A gun nuts and many of those who are are too cowardly to actually engage in shooting war. Like Trump himself they are pretenders doing cos-play.

1 Like

Yes, we understand. Living here has been a total nightmare for 4 years. I was ashamed of the President every time he opened his mouth. And his support, and the rise of neo-Nazi’s has made me hate this country- the direction he was taking this country.

2 Likes

Violence in Mexico is of a different nature. The cartels are savage but they don’t have a lot of impact on daily living in most places. Of course one could find oneself in the wrong place at the wrong time and end up in the line of fire, like anywhere.
But private citizens aren’t all armed, with guns in their bedside drawers, glove compartments and handbags. That’s a completely different ball of wax.

1 Like

I’m not going to get in a debate about what nation is safer in reality. I’m simply saying that a perception of the US as unsafe due to our gun ownership levels is just a perception. I’ve lived here most my life and traveled all over the country, much of it alone in a vehicle and have never seen any gun violence or felt I needed a gun. I feel just as safe here as I have anywhere in the world. The only place I witnessed actual crime with police running through the streets with guns drawn was the tourist section of Madrid, 1985. The only place I was personally wary of being robbed was Florence 1999 or maybe Berlin 2009.

2 Likes

I think non-whites would differ in feeling safe for the last 4 years. The message from " upstairs " was that violence is acceptable, and hatred rules. Just saying. :v:

6 Likes

I had a chat with my Dad about cooler minds need to prevail. I personally am struggling with the insanity occurring with our election process.

I have friends that I’m avoiding because they will become angry & aggressive just talking about bizarre press conferences and unsubstantiated claims of fraud.

I encourage posters in this thread to consider their words. Are you angry at our current uncertain situation? Are your words directed where they can make a positive difference? There are some harsh, hurtful posts in this thread—do your words reflect who you want to be?

If yes-that’s your choice. If not, use the edit button.

Yes, I’m proud to be a snowflake.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your “discussion”. I didn’t know you can have political conversation without even presenting any political views, but yet some people know better then I do, I guess that’s the life we are living in.

What I learnt from all this. That’s ALL IS POLITICAL even the simplest community called Airbnb Community Centre. Best wishes to your topic and perhaps your next topic will be way more interesting and more meaningful to Airbnb Community.

Opinions = Complaints

Political Topics = haters, violence and arrogant people.

I shell keep myself out of it and stick to the reading only!

Cheerio

I am happy to see topics like this. I live in an area that had a Trump rally last Sunday. Yes, the day after Fox News declared Biden the President elect. I’m thinking that 3% of Americans that believe Trump won all live here.

I need to see that they are the delusional ones, not me.

3 Likes

I think you bark at the wrong tree - I did not see any hate here, only genuine joy.
and calling all reality around us "political " is not seeing the bigger picture :
Global warming in our lifetime .
How can we not talk about it ?!

3 Likes

You haven’t learned much. This isn’t the Airbnb Community Center- this is called Airhost forum. It’s an independent forum not connected to Airbnb. This is made clear on the header of this forum, which you apparently didn’t bother to read.

3 Likes

Sometimes I think liberals are pretending to be conservatives and posting so as to embarrass conservatives. I mean, it’s just beyond parody. I already told this member that this wasn’t the Airbnb Community Center the first day they posted.

Anyway, I see everyone is having fun trolling the troll.

2 Likes