Goddammit I'm HAPPY

Go Joe!!! Go Kamala!!! I know in my heart they will do their honest best.

22 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™m flagging this a blatantly political post.

Flag_of_Andalusia

Flagged :wink:

Have a wee solidarity flag from us here in AndalucĆ­a.

JF

18 Likes

Congratulations, America. The whole world was watching and celebrates with you. Just donā€™t get too complacent- that there were enough people to oust an obvious madman doesnā€™t mean the conservatives who couldnā€™t stomach Trump arenā€™t still conservatives and donā€™t hold traditionally Republican values. Democrats misjudged in 2016 and the predictions of a giant blue wave this time were also off the mark. The US is still full of racist, sexist gun nuts. That needs to be addressed.

19 Likes

Umm, my (left wing leaning) OH came up with a good solution for them tonight.

Unfortunately, on the basis Iā€™d end up back on the naughty step, I canā€™t post it here.

It did however give everyone in the bar a chuckle, especially when she repeated in Spanish :wink:

JF

6 Likes

As you know Iā€™m right there with you. Celebrate tonight but thereā€™s a lot of work ahead. There is still a crisis the like of which no one here has seen. It didnā€™t magically go away after the election of course.

12 Likes

Too many things today had me choked up today:

• A truly good Man was elected. Kind, Empathetic, Experienced.

• Another chip in the political glass ceiling with the first woman about to become VicePresident.

• The first person of color as VicePresident. We need this now more than ever.

• America can finally move forward.

I expected all of these, as we waited and waited.

But I wasnā€™t prepared for the congratulations from world leaders, combined with the celebrations around world. That made me more elated and hopeful than I had imagined. This is a President Elect who can restore the United Statesā€™ world standing and be back to being a trusted ally, as he moves the US away from the selfish ā€˜America Firstā€™ policy of these last 4 years.

A truly GREAT DAY.

10 Likes

This lifelong Republican broke and voted for Joe Biden because character matters. I genuinely appreciate Team Biden modeling the needed behavior of wearing a mask.

Like @KKC, I think there is much work to be done. It is needed on many levels.

I work hard not to be racist or sexist, but I am a bit of a gun nut :wink::kissing_heart: (grew up in the country)

11 Likes

When I say gun nut, Iā€™m not referring to country folk who have always had guns around to protect their livestock, go hunting for food they actually eat, etc. Iā€™m talking about the camouflage-wearing AK47 totinā€™ Boogaloo Bois/Proud Boys types- like this guy the cops just caught with 138 firearms, and a thousand rounds of ammunition.

And thank you for your Biden vote.

7 Likes

It wasnā€™t even- it was ā€œTrump firstā€.

12 Likes

Nice to have the popular vote agree with the electoral college vote for a change.

16 Likes

This Ireland NewsCast brought a tear to my eye.

4 Likes

I was very deeply touched when that anchorman took to tears of joy. Everyone has been under such horrible pressure. I cannot wait to see the back of Ivankaā€™s head. And the waxwork she married.

9 Likes

Thereā€™s something about those two- their self-satisfaction, their entitled sense of privilege and their total lack of self awareness, that makes even a non-violent person like me want to plant a boot in their faces.

9 Likes

What does have to do election in the US with Airbnb community resp. hosts and guests? this is not political discussion forum.

3 Likes

Nice first post, are you hurting?

Nothing wrong with discussing current affairs, besides, who appointed you the forum content director? You donā€™t like it, sod off elsewhere.

JF

7 Likes

thank you for being so kind, just saying the forum are the community of Airbnb hosts - NOT election/politics opinions. btw you donā€™t have to tell me what I like and what to do , I am a person with freedom to raise my opinion.

1 Like

Nobody put YOU in charge of this discussion. If you donā€™t like itā€™, donā€™t read it. Sorry, Iā€™m not tolerating downers today.

7 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for my vote to be counted later today. I used a mail ballot but dropped it at the election office inside drop box, and the system tells me it was received and signature verified.

About 40% of Alaskaā€™s ballots will be counted today. If 70% or over of these tending-Dem or liberal independent ballots go to a real Alaskan, weā€™ll have a new Senator.

If the same ratio goes to the challenger of our 87 year old longest serving Republican congresscritter, weā€™ll have new blood on the power side of the aisle in the House. If 72% of those ballots go to Biden, Alaska will have voted for a Dem for pres for the first time since Lyndon Johnson in 1964.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Newbies donā€™t know members of this forum and how we go off topic sometimes.

This comment is unnecessarily harsh and directed a someone who doesnā€™t have the background. Sounds like a Trump tweet :roll_eyes:

1 Like

ā€¦ and brand new members do not dictate what can, and cannot, be discussed on this forum.

JF

9 Likes