Airbnb is getting more and more popular and now I have decided NOT to use Airbnb anymore, unless there is no option available. Needless to say their bias on Hosts and increase of fees charged.
- Yes, I did have one unpleasant experience with the host who twisted all the facts that I quoted. Airbnb did nothing about it.
- T&Cs - totally benefit on the host. You should have read all sorts of resolution with the host. Results - NO resolution!!!
- Who is comfortable with the STRICT cancellation? (the host of course). Say if you planned a holiday for 6 months ahead and later plan changes. 50% of the money has gone. Mind you Airbnb charged the money upfront. Some hotel sites DO offer you a free cancellation period. This is more fair on both side. Does it serve as a big benefit of the host??? Even if there is a legitimate reason, Airbnb still demanded you some evidence such as “Death Certificate”. Come on, if your relatives passed away, do you want to ask them a copy of certificate simply because I need to cancel my Airbnb trip…???
- Some hosts even ask you for USD250 as deposit, a kind of refundable security bond. Hotel only charge you according to your number of stay. Although if there is of no issue, you will receive your deposit back. As you know how “responsible” Airbnb is, what if there is any dispute and the host twisted the facts and keeping your deposit? Do you want this to ruin your vacation?
- Location location location… How well do you know the city? Just reading the reviews in Airbnb is not enough as there is NO ONE will leave any negative comments, simply this is a norm.
- Do not leave any negative to the host. Some of you did it and ending up a never ending argument. Airbnb who claimed “freedom of speech” will not remove any of the negative review from the host. Perhaps I don’t have enough money to bride them… what for?
Why having all the hassles and ruin your vacation or business trip?
The grass is greener outside
If you still using Airbnb, please take lots of photos when you arrive and leave the apartment. Photos should serve the evidence for future dispute.
If you are the host and reading it, Airbnb is protecting your rights and trying the best they can. .