Giving up Airbnb

Why are you coming to our forum to complain when you have a guest forum to utilize? Because you are negative and desire a fight with others? This isn’t appropriate use of the host forum and all of us hosts should ignore future negativity otherwise this will turn into a place for everyone to fight rather than commune.

1 Like

JonYork said:

"It’s really stunning how the OP illustrates the rampant narcissism in the world today. He really can’t figure out why hosts would have a strict cancellation policy. Several of you have done a good job at explaining it. But it’s beyond my imagination that he couldn’t put himself in the other person’s shoes for just a few seconds and figure it out for himself.

Constantly amazed…"

Jon - it does amaze me too. But these sites don’t bother to educate guests that we are not 100 room hotels. I had one guest say in private feedback that he was surprised to be charged a cleaning fee as a hotel does not charge that. I had to explain to him that he only wanted to stay two nights and I allow that based on a cleaning fee. If all of my guests always booked a 7 night stay then I could just build my cleaning fee into the rate. Keep in mind the cleaning fee for the cabin is $105. I can’t help it that people want to rent an entire home for two short nights and don’t expect to pay any more money.

They don’t get it at all.

1 Like

Yeah, they really don’t get it. And one thing they’ll probably never get is that whether they stay 7 nights or 1 the cleaning still costs exactly the same! You have to do exactly the same cleaning for a short visit as a longer one. You have to change and wash the sheets whether it’s 7 nights or 1. You have to clean everything else and make it look pristine again. It’s the same amount of effort either way. And if you’re paying someone to do it you have to pay them the same either way.

1 Like