Generally sloppy guests ignored house rules - review?

I’ve wondered the same thing. One of forum members did say once that guest threw honey on the floor, and made coffee on the wall. I kept wondering about that one…lol

Nah, it’s an Aussie thing too. Nothing better than a cup of tea in bed on a lazy weekend morning. Reminds me that it’s a different day to a working week where I drink tea all day at my desk. :-))

2 Likes

Cos if I’m in bed with my breaky on a tray that means it’s either Mothers Day or my Birthday and I’m not downstairs serving everyone else for a change! Love it!!

2 Likes

I only have AC in my bedroom (and in my two Airbnb rooms), so for the past few weeks of this ridiculous heat I’ve been all about eating, reading, and watching TV in my room! Other than Air guests I live alone, and I love to spread out on the king-size bed. :wink:

I have yet to leave anything negative in a review for any of my guests (in fact I’m probably overly generic), I’m so nonconfrontational that I dread the very likely possibility that someday I’ll need to!

@MsJTherrien
You should host a pajama party! You need some girls to share the fun lol

1 Like

Hilarious and so true. Mother’s Day. I don’t care if it’s burnt toast, tea made with the same water they boiled the eggs in and a hibiscus covered in ants who start trying to escape the tray. I’m in bed. And I don’t have to cook it or clean up afterwards.

3 Likes

I don’t eat in my bedroom. I just feed my.pet cockroaches in there by sprinkling popcorn on my bed at night before bed. REALLY lol dude

I just had a guest stay here like that. Drank, did drugs, ate take out. Evident from the garbage left in his room (empty bottle of wine, empty bag of pot chocolate wrappers) and the white bath towel he used to wipe up BBQ sauce with. However. The bathroom was clean. I barely saw him. I ended up leaving him a review that said he was quiet, unobtrusive and left shared bathroom clean. I didn’t mention that he overstayed check-out by half an hour (clearly because he had a hangover), but I did send him a $10 fee request for doing so …he has not replied and I am still waiting to see if Airbnb will reward it or not. He was a very surly and rude guest who refused to speak to me after I told him that “Checkout time is now” while he was still in his room. I also noticed that the dryer knob on my dryer was broken after he left, but I am not 100% sure that is his fault as no laundry use allowed anyway, but he was the only one down there in a room next to them. I thought about writing a review like, “So and so would be a great guest for 420, alcohol friendly hosts who allow eating in their bedrooms and late check-out.” But then I thought that might sound too mean…