Full kitchen access of Full home rental: stainless steel or nonstick?

That’s what I do, although I generally have two non-stick skillets on hand. I got super lucky this past spring, and scored a 20+ piece set of Cuisinart stainless steel cookware on Facebook Marketplace for $40. Part of me still wonders if the wife/girlfriend (er…partner…?) of the guy selling it knew he had it listed there…:rofl:

1 Like

I grew up with Revere ware as well<><>I found some Revere ware in the Salvation Army and they are on Ebay too. A little elbow grease and the copper bottoms look pretty. We have propane here and in the listing. Those pans might go in the listing some day. Seems like guests don’t cook much, even with all the equipment except a big oven. Our spatulas are soft material as well:) We use Magnalite in our kitchen, it never ages and we are avid cooks!

1 Like

Update. I placed a cuisinart 12 piece tri-ply set that I purchased on clearance for $80 on WOOT and the SALE 3 non-stick frying pan set from Costco.

All of the cooking utensils are nylon or silicone. Maybe guests are using the dining forks & spoons & knives for cooking because the small frying pan after 6months of use it was so scratched I retired it to the trash can. —-just sigh.

The stainless is great except some guests don’t know how to properly clean it. I guess they are accustomed to nonstick. I make sure the pans get a hot vinegar cleaning and they look like new. Stainless WINS!!!

I have a full set of stainless and a full set of nonstick in my listing, but I only have utensils that are safe for the nonstick. Both sets were in my house at one time before my wife wanted to try something different. I’m sure I’ll have another set available before either of the two sets in the listing wear out.

1 Like

If you are in the USA check out WOOT. It is a bargain division of Amazon. Entire order regardless of size ships for $5. Selection changes daily.

My friend who helped me unpack my stainless steel cookware kept commenting she couldn’t believe I was putting that nice cookware in the rental and I should expect someone to steal it. Later I found the exact set at a cookware/houseware store for $275. Either I got a bargain or the store was overpriced