Free NoiseAware, discounted minut from airbnb!

Wow!! Just got an email from airbnb offering a free NoiseAware device. Minut from £129 to £80! I just got myself a Minut as it has free subscription but noiseaware is like £7 a month.
Cant believe they actually did something for party houses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats the email I got:

1 Like

That’s great. I notice it’s only 2500 devices total but it’s something. I hope they are making sure to only send to hosts with entire stand alone homes and people who live on site, like me, don’t grab them up.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t want one here.

The missus goes away for weekend.

Multiple messages.

“Turn that feckin music down you’ll bother our guests!”

Nah, definitely don’t want one.

JF

2 Likes

These are for remote hosts, imo.

I got the email yesterday. At first I thought about the Minut too since there is no subscription fee but I realized my doorbell cam can do just about as well (if not better). Although the fact that it is sponsored by AirBnB (although not endorsed, yeah right) it might be more likely to get their support during a problem. However, m problems are not loud parties but unauthorized “parties” (people) so they aren’t likely to come into play for me at all.

Still dont want one, no matter how remote my OH is, from here :wink:

JF

1 Like

You have an Irish missus young man @JohnF :blush::smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Actually, I used that instead of the somewhat more industrial language she would normally use, when I’m misbehaving.

Not that I misbehave often :lying_face: :innocent:

JF

3 Likes

What advantage does the noise detector have that a camera doesn’t? My Nest doorbell and security camera record audio, and the monthly fee is cheaper. The difference is that the security camera is exterior, but I can see how many people are staying.

(This question is hypothetical since I live on site. I’m not worried about parties, just extra guests and unauthorized visitors.)

1 Like

We’re in a similar situation, maybe Airbnb will come up with a bargain for us!

I was thinking along the lines of the infra red gizmos you see special forces and SWAT teams use on TV and in movies, to work out where all the warm bodies are, just before they fire 10,000 rounds into a building just to kill one bad guy.

We could use it to do a body count!

Just a thought :smile:

JF

2 Likes

It only records noise level. Security cameras that record actual conversations are probably a violation of eavesdropping laws, at least in some states. And in any case there is no way I’m going to admit to Airbnb or to guest that I’m listening to their conversations unless it’s a level one emergency.

1 Like

I would hope no host would have an internal security camera evesdropping on guests. Unfortunately we know many hosts do, but that may be a topic for another thread.

I would think an external camera would pick up the party noise, if the video of the number of people arriving were not indicator enough of a party.

One bedroom property, one bathroom and only booked for two.

Jeez it’s no wonder they’re queuing up for the loo!

Airbnb, HELP!

Infrared-photo-of-many-people
JF

2 Likes

Yup! And it looks like the girl on the right is lighting a cigarette for my non-smoking property!

Well, now you go and change the picture…at least no smokers this time…

1 Like

Sorry, swapped them.

:stuck_out_tongue:

JF

1 Like

Its an alternative to a camera. I got the minut and there is no monthly fee so works out a lot cheaper than an external camera system. Also, installing cameras outside your apartment is not always allowed in apartment buildings. Guests will try to temper covering the cameras but the minut looks like a smoke alarm so less likely for someone to notice. Plus I dont want to hear anyone’s conversations so this is perfect for my situation. Doesn’t mean is right for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the email too. I’m not a remote host by any means, I’m in the same house. I actually worry more about my neighbors being too loud for my guests than the other way around. I don’t need this thing either.

1 Like

I’d be interested in a Minut for my own house, but I did not get the email. Is there a link in it to the special deal that someone could PM me?

1 Like

Maybe someone who is not going to use it can forward their email?